1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: Wounded Paw Battering Ram (Nashville, TN)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by DinnerWithAGypsy, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for sale is my long-treasured Wounded Paw Battering Ram! If you clicked on this thread, you probably already know all about this pedal: OD + fuzz versatility, synth-ish octave up switch, and balls-to-the-wall, swarm-of-bees brand fuzz.

This pedal kills and has blown away a multitude of people in the studio and at shows during its time with me. I received this pedal brand new (i.e. I am the sole owner) somewhere around two years ago, I believe.

In solo, bedroom playing I always found myself absolutely loving the sound of this pedal with the fuzz side of the circuit engaged, but as I used the pedal live more I found myself appreciating the OD side much more in the context of a full band mix. The OD always sounded far too dark to me when playing by myself, but man does it sound great with a couple of guitars and a drummer mixed with it. (If anything, I struggled to retain as much bass live as I might have liked with the fuzz side engaged on top of the OD.)

Anyway, $160 shipped via PayPal takes this bad boy. Also, I live in Nashville, TN, so if you live in the area and would like to come pick the pedal up I'd sell it to you outright for $150 in a local cash deal. I'll also be in central IL (Decatur, to be more specific) from March 27th-30th visiting some family/friends and playing a couple gigs; if you live in that neck of the woods, as I once did, and would like to meet me over there for a local deal, we could certainly work that out as well.

Trades I would be interested in include:
    Iron Ether Oxide, Iron Ether Nimbus, Wren and Cuff Pickle Pie B, or Wren and Cuff Box of War

Thanks for reading! Cheers.

NOTE: This is the older version of the pedal that is only able to be run with the fuzz layered on top of the OD. The OD can be used by itself, but the fuzz cannot (if that makes sense). If that might potentially keep you from being interested in this pedal, I wouldn't worry about it. The way I understand it, altering the circuit to allow for the fuzz to be run by itself was a change later made due to popular demand; it apparently doesn't sound all that great from what I've gathered.

Attached Files:

• WP 2.
      WP 2.jpg
      File size:
      99.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Hump-de-bump.

3. Bump for a huge wall-of-sound fuzz pedal!

4. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    Pm'd

5. PM replied.

6. Bump! Check the trade interests. :)

7. Sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.