1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Yorkville/Traynor XS400H Bass Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by JoshB, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

I bought this head for a friend of mine who ended up quitting his band before it even began, so it came back to me and has been my main head ever since!

This guy is a tube/SS hybrid that kicks some serious ass! I could go on and on about it, but the writers at Traynor did it much better than I can, so here's their blurb...

The XS400H 400 watt bass amplifier is the next leap forward in bass amplifier design from Yorkville Sound. The first major advance was to feature a 12AX7A preamp tube at the input stage. Not content to stop there, we added a separate parallel tube overdrive circuit, and an innovative ''wet / dry'' balance control that allows the player to set the perfect blend of overdriven signal to clean bass tone. In short you can add as much growl or as little ‘tube warmth’ to your overall bass sound as you need, while maintaining a clean tone underneath it all to maintain definition and clarity. A switchable limiter and a compressor circuit with user definable threshold control have been added to the tube input circuit as well.

An improved five-band EQ, with a semi-parametric mid control with a user definable frequency has taken the place of the graphic EQ Yorkville has used on higher power bass amps in the past. A new continuously variable ‘Scoop’ control has been added to the XS400H to replace the ''Contour'' switch used on Yorkville bass amps in the past as well. The Scoop function sweeps from a flat frequency response to a mid-frequency dip at 300 Hz. As you increase beyond the 1/2-way point on the control you begin to boost both the top end and bottom end to your tone, in addition to further reducing the midrange level.

Other professional features added to the XS series bass amplifiers include a front panel wet / dry control for the effects return, footswitchable tube overdrive, footswitchable effects return and a pre / post selectable XLR balanced Tube DI output. Speakon™ and 1/4-inch extension speaker outputs have been added for the addition of an external bass cabinet, like our popular XC210, XC410, and XC115.

A front panel tuner / mute switch has been added to the XS400H bass amplifier. This mute silences the signal to the amplifier (and DI output) for silent tuning with the front panel mounted 1/4" tuner out jack.
    Features

* Tube powered input and overdrive (12AX7A preamp tube)
    * Footswitchable Tube Overdrive and Effects Loop
    * Innovative Wet/Dry blend on Tube Overdrive
    * Wet/Dry blend on the effects loop return
    * Five band EQ featuring a semi-parametric sweepable mid
    * Unique "Variable Contour" scoop function
    * Pre/Post EQ selectable XLR balanced Tube DI output
    * Speakon™ and 1/4" extension cabinet outputs
    * Front panel mute switch for silent tuning with 1/4" tuner out jack
    * Switchable Limiter at the output stage

Power is 400w @ 4 ohms, and it has both speakon and 1/4" outputs. for more info, check out http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?id=365&cat=40&type=5

This head works great with both active and passive basses and is a fantastic workhorse head. It's currently housed in a 4 space Gator rolling rack that I can include for an extra $75.

The head will come with a few different tubes...the sovtek 12ax7 that came in it originally, a JAN/Phillips 12au7, and a Mullard 12ax7. Play with them and figure out which one you like the best.

I'm asking $400 shipped for the head itself, or $500 shipped in the Gator 4 space rolling rack...either way, the amp will come with the tubes mentioned and a healthy load of packing peanuts and bubble wrap! Would look at other heads in trade...namely, a Traynor YBA-200...

Photos are courtesy of our very own Templar...the previous owner of the amp.

100_1495.

100_1496.

100_1497.

100_1499.

100_1500.

100_1501.

2. These are awesome heads here folks a buddy of mine owns one of these with a Aggie 4x10 cab and it rocks, I liked it so much I bought a XS800H locally and I totally love it, bump for a cool cat with a great piece of gear here... you will not be disappointed!

Peace,

3. JoshB

bump for a killer head!

4. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    Hopefully this is still around next week when I get some cash... :D

5. JoshB

bump...

6. JoshB

I tossed the mullard in there yesterday and MAN does it have some balls!

7. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    YES INDEED...I've tried many other heads as all of you. This one is a total sleeper hit! Seriously kicks ace! The only other head I would go with would be the 800. However this one is loud and cuts through so well against a Marshall and Randall stack that their really is no need.

So...bumpola for a serious piece of gear!!!

Hmmm....If only I had the funds...I would be buying this and turning my rig into a stereo monster!

8. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Oh man...I just realized who the seller is. Props to Josh. Great seller/buyer , we've dealed togother before. Allright guy I guess.:D

9. JoshB

:D right back atcha!! Thanks!

10. Somebody buy this. These heads are great! If I was looking, I'd buy it.

11. JoshB

bump!

12. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, he has a big feedback record... It's nearing TomBowlus proportions!!!

13. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I own the XS800. Good gracious is that thing LOUD!! Very solidly made amps and they have the best warranty in the business!!

14. JoshB

still here!

15. Add my name as a user and proponent. Great head

Bump

16. JoshB

$450 for the whole shebang!

17. PM sent.

18. JoshB

returned!

19. JoshB

still here...thought I had a deal, but the guy never returned my PMs...

20. Money sent. Thought I had returned that last PM, but it was still sitting unsent on my screen way early this morning. Erased and re-done. Sorry 'bout that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.