1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: Zon "VINNY" VB4 w/gig bag & 4 sets strings

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by singlemalt, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    ZON VB4 Vinny bass with Warwick gig bag, four sets of strings(lightly used, ZON, GHS, Blue Steels, I settled on the Blue Steel) buy now and I'll throw in a double pack of D'Addario EXL 170 TP nickel roundwound. That's SIX sets of strings! $1250.00 shipped cont 48. Paypal is fine.

Near mint, just a super bass. 8 LB 1 oz, super light and comfortable. I bought it looking for the lightest bass I could find. Bolt on composite neck, full two octave, and very nice abalone position dots.

Bartolini Jazz pu's, 3 band active eq, with switchable mid range boost.

I've owned this bass for about a year, and its not getting anywhere enough use. Turns out it is a lot more bass than I need for what I do. Never been out to gig, I used it to record, and thats about it.

http://www.zonguitars.com/zonguitars/vb.html You can check out the VB4 @ Zon's website, plus download the user guide with the tone control intructions.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417014&highlight=zon This is the origin of the bass, Rick was great to deal with.

$1250.00 US by paypal, or Money Order, paypal gets same day shipping. Same price I paid, I thought it was a great deal, so I'm passing it on.

This bass uses standard strings, clipped and clamped in the headstock, a very easy to use deal. Currently strung with Blue Steels, super lively bass with a huge tonal range.

I'll include the Warwick gig bag, with six sets of strings, allen wrenches, new 9 volt battery, all packed super secure in bubble wrap, peanuts, and box, insured by Fed EX.

Only trade options are Dingwall Super Jazz 4, other than black, plus cash from me.

2. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    What a great bass to own, especially for someone who travels. I don't very much right now...but I will keep track of this bass :)

3. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Oh no, it`s one of my dream basses, but right now I`m broke :bawl:

They don`t pop up often people, so someone please grab it.

Good luck with the sale.

4. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I'd grab this back right now if I could afford it, but the Michigan economy is pretty gloomy and I'm having to pare down my bass gear.
    This was one of the coolest sounding basses I've had and in some ways it seemed more versatile than other Zon basses. I don't know if it was because of the EQ points or what, but it can do a really nice punchy, in-your-face sound that I never got from other Zons. It still cleans up really nice though and has the typical sustain and even response you'd expect from a Zon bass. With the compact size, light weight and killer sound, it's a great instrument. If I hadn't gone off on a 5 string binge, I'd probably still have it.
    Mark's a great guy to deal with too, so I don't think you could go wrong on this one.

5. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Listen to "Bad Hair Day" by Michael Manring. That wicked slap sound comes from this bass.

6. singlemalt

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    Thanks guys, it is one fine bass.

7. madisqbu

madisqbu

Oct 2, 2006
    Estonia
    I f......ing WANT IT.

8. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    Im in! pm sent.

9. singlemalt

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    Thanks everybody, but I think this is sold!

10. singlemalt

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    Thanks again, everyone for all the interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.