1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

fs: fuzzrocious kaeden overdrive

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by eyeballkid, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    wes virginny
    so ive got lots of down time to re-evaluate my needs. heres a great little OD with a kickin tubey "round sound" vibe. It was my go-to boost/od, but the new amp has rendered it obsolete for me. its kid painted, with the mids switch on the side. one peely spot on the paint you can see in the pics.

$150 shipped in the lower 48
    scratch that!!
    $138 shipped in the 48
    View attachment 281114

2. How would you describe the Kaeden compared to the Dark Driving? Also which tone stack does this one have?

3. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Mids bump and tone bypass.
    Totally different beast than the DD. Not as dark, different tone stack, more gain, less woofy.

4. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    To be clear on what Ryan is saying, the switch bypasses the tone stack and bumps the mids? I'm guessing the DC jack is on the right side closer to the footswitch as well?

5. eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    wes virginny
    i THINK thats correct. it is very subtle in its effect, (the switch, that is...) on my stingray i couldn't really notice it, but on a jazz i did a little. the pedal is rather transparent on its cleaner settings and gives a "round sound" boost to your signal that sounds like your bass with a very even body to it. yes, jack on the side.

the first knob is the gain stage of the overdrive, the second is a second gain, but that doesnt mean its super dooper gainy. it can be like a gain and volume. I would set the first one to od just when i dug in and the second to be my level.

6. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    On the toggle, one way is the normal tone circuit...the other way bypasses the tone circuit.

7. eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    wes virginny
    theres a youtube demo i did comparing it to other ODs, but I really should do another, cos I like the milder "dig in" edge of ODs, and thats the part I highlighted in the video, but it can do much more breakup than I used.

8. eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    wes virginny
    and why not do a misfits price drop?!

say..... $138 shipped in the 48.

9. kylej7

kylej7

Jul 23, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    trades?

10. bassvirtuoso