1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: G&L BABP L2000, Blackburst!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GaryLC, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    Hi folks,
    I'm starting to feel like CraigB, with my wanting to buy every G&L I can, only to turn around and move one to buy another! :smug:
    I recently bought this limited edition L2000, thinking it would be a great sister to my BABP L1K. It's a beautiful bass, but I've decided I want to pick up an upright, so this being the new kid on the block is going to be the one that's going to help fund the upright (I have two other L2K's).
    I'll let Craig's description and the original G&L sales info speak for it:
    "This was a limited edition done by G&L for Badass Bass Players - 23 total made. This is Serial No. CLF46792, Model BABP-1, made in 2007, #14 of 23 made. All with #8 neck, blackburst finish (not generally available from G&L), and series/parallel/single coil switching. Single coil mode (in addition to the standard series & parallel) and the last ebony fretted boards out of Fullerton. A pleked #8 neck with satin finish and weighs in at 8.7 pounds."
    "This very special Limited Edition bass will have 2 G&L Magnetic Field Design pickups, G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector for parallel/single coil/series switching (a stock L2K is parallel/series), preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high end EQ boost), hard rock #8 )12" radius board, 1 1/2" width at the nut) maple neck, a fretted ebony board sans fret markers, but with side position markers, custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" tuners with aluminum tapered string posts, an incredible translucent Black Burst finish over a swamp ash body, and a painted black headstock with the BABP's logo at the end, all chrome hardware, with G&L molded case."

Bass is in wonderful condition, 9.5 out of 10, just general finish swirls. Plays like a dream, sounds wonderful.
    For full disclosure, you can feel a hair or two of offset at the board/neck joint on the E string side. I wouldn't have even noticed it if I wasn't playing sloppily, and had my thumb wrapped around the neck. I talked to Ken Baker & Flash (the co-owner of Guitar Man who handled this run of L2K's), and both said it's a temporary contraction of the neck under the ebony board, similar to boards contracting on basses and causing fret sprout. In this case the ebony won't give, so the maple has contracted. It's gotten barely noticeable over the last two weeks, and may just have been reacting to the dry winter.....but I want to make sure there are no surprises!

Asking $1150 shipped CONUS.

2. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    More pics:

3. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    And more pics:

4. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Awesome! Love it.

5. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    And two more pics:

6. theo2409

theo2409

Aug 23, 2010
    New Delhi, India
    Wow!! gorgeous!!

7. zrxnha

zrxnha

Sep 25, 2010
    Wow!! gorgeous!!

8. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    I almost forgot to give credit where credit is due...photos courtesy of CraigB!!

9. Bump for a georgous bass with good photography.

10. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I have the later BABP LE2500K; these are completely sick basses.
    Free bump.

11. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

This is a very sweet bass - I only let it go to order one with the same K switching with my choice of woods & finish. I just hope my ordered one is as good as this BABP LE.

12. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Killer bass. I love my 2500 with K switching.

Somebody should snap this up. G&L doesn't make fretted boards from ebony in more...

13. Wow, I am seriously GASing for this one. Being poor sucks.

14. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    My BABP ebony board is doing the same thing, pretty common I guess with the maple/ebony combo. It feels normal though and I even thought it was supposed to be like that.

I almost let mine go, but then found a temporary cure for my GAS.

Glad I kept it cause I just put a set of chromes on and it was just what the doctor ordered. What a perfect match!

Just rehearsed with it last night and realized it's like the assault rifle of basses (assault bass). :bassist:

Good luck with the sale, this bass will make someone very happy!

15. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    Monday AM Bump....

16. I've bought two basses from Gary, sight unseen, and they were exactly as he described. Gary is an upstanding TBer and a straightforward seller.

And I've heard that these BABP L2000 are simply outstanding.

Someone is going to get a good one!

John

17. worxforme

worxforme Self Actualized Bad Speller

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    I have a 2500 BABP, I can get any sound I want.

18. Chowowbus

Chowowbus

Mar 24, 2009
    Olympia WA
    I so wish I had the dough for this bass....like I need another L-2000..but this one is the sweetz! Bumpaguhweeah!

19. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    Thanks, Wacko!! And the praise is coming right back at you, somebody buy those basses of Wackos!!!!

20. resinboy

resinboy

Dec 11, 2006
    Latham, ny
    check your pm's

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.