1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: G&L (GandL) S-500 (S500) Custom

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by sleeplessknight, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Hey all, just trying to thin the herd in time for the tax-man. Up for grabs is the very first custom guitar I've ever ordered - my beloved G&L S-500 Custom. Ordered brand spanking new back around 2006, she weighs in at a hair under 9lbs with a nut-width of 1.66". This axe was built to order with a wood-bound body, bound neck, tobacco-burst finish with matching headstock, fixed bridge, locking tuners, and (my personal favorite) a gun-oil tint birdseye-maple neck. I had the inimitable Boston luthier Jim Mouradian give her a setup and install a set of flush-mount Dunlop straplocks on her last year as well. She's in minty condition, and can be yours for $1100 OBO shipped anywhere in the CONUS. I also offer a 7-day money-back guarantee. If you're not happy a week after delivery, ship it back to me in the same condition you received it for a full refund minus shipping costs. I prefer bank check, money order, cash, personal check (for TBers with high feedback), Dwolla, bitcoin, and I'll even (very, very begrudgingly) take PayPal if there's absolutely no other option.

S-500-full.

More pics (and other tasty gear for sale) can be found on my Picasa Album.

For trades, I'm SUPER interested in Lakland Hollowbodies (Skyline or American) with extra-special consideration given to Darkstar'd ones. I'm also in the market for a sunburst roadworn or Highway-1 P-bass (preferably with a jazz-width rosewood neck). I would also consider a 34" scale Spector bass, but have no interest in Warwicks. I might also be swayed by Japanese or American sunburst strats. Long story short, if you've got something interesting, throw it my way. Worst thing I can say is 'no', right?

Many thanks for checking out my ad!

2. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    morning bump

3. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Wow, that is one of the nicest G&Ls I've seen. GLWTS!

4. I concur with monetbass.

5. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    thanks guys! bump...

6. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump

7. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Bump

8. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Aaaaand traded away. Thanks for looking!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.