FS: G&L (GandL) SB 2 Tribute for Pakistan Flood Relief

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jfh2424, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Hi, guys, I am selling my sunburst SB-2 Tribute. Simply beautiful, as you will see in the pics. Made in Korea, 2003.

Neck is very straight, zero fretwear. No scratches through the finish. Ash body, maple board. Jazz size nut, 1.5". Action is low, really comfy.

This has been upgraded with the tone mod. The knock on SB2s for some people is that the two knobs are only volume, volume. This means that it is not possible to blend pickups without affecting the overall volume of the bass. However, with the mod, you get a stacked knob for the blend. In my view (and the view of many others) this makes the bass much more versatile than the usual SB 2. I really dig the sound, to me it is the proverbial "P bass on steroids", but much less expensive and more versatile. I lusted after this bass for a while when it belonged to TBer CraigB and then TBer GaryLC. It will now be passed on to another TBer.

In the interest of full disclosure, the back knob can make a bit of noise when you use it. This is intermittent. I used it for a gig last weekend and got zero noise, but it can happen. I am including this in the interest of full disclosure only, it never bothered me.

You can see me play another SB 2 Tribute here, in case you are interested:

The entire proceeds of this sale (as well as $550 of my own money) will be going to the Pakistani Flood Relief. Until Septembre 12th, the Canadian governement will be doubling whatever private donations are given by Canadians. After watching the devastation on TV, I decided that I really didn't need this bass that much. At least, not as much as some others need the proceed. So if you feel like helping out in an indirect way, this might be for you.

Price is $450 plus shipping. It will come well packed and with a non descript gig bag. No trades, obviously. It kinda defeats the whole purpose.

Feel free with any questions.

John

Attached Files:

2. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! In Memoriam

Quite the noble jesture on your part John....MUCHO KUDO'S!!

3. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    John,
    You make me want to sell all my basses after reading this....wow, what a guy, I greatly admire you for what you're doing!
    Folks, this is a beautiful bass, the new Tribute SB2's aren't even in the same league! Super light, plays like a dream, and is beautiful to boot! You'll be getting a super deal, and helping John help the Flood Relief victims as well!

Gary

4. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Greetings fellow Montrealer. A great and very unselfish gesture you are making. I really hope someone snaps this up. I would also suggest you advertise on kijiji.ca I have had alot of success with that site and it is free to advertise.

Bonne chance!!

5. Thanks for the input on the bass, Gary! I dig it too!

The donation I am making is pretty small in the grand scheme of things...lots of people are giving from across the world. Both smaller donations and much bigger ones too. I am simply doing my small part.

And I guess I will have to put this up for sale locally too, as I would like to sell this by Sept 12th. Thanks for the lead, Purfektstranger! I haven't used Kijiji to sell things, only to advertise my services as a bassist. I guess I am about to find out how it works for sales, too!

John

6. The 12th is on Sunday...I would really like to sell this by then, if possible. If not, I guess I will hang on to it.

So I guess this is a bump.

John

7. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Bravo. Best of luck to you, and thanks for what you're doing.

8. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    bump for a selfless act, in the spirit of TB..:cool:
    best of luck.

9. Final bump as we are September 12th.

John

10. diegoholyshize!

diegoholyshize!

Sep 12, 2010
    Toronto
    wow what a nice looking bass. if it's anything like the one in the demo it's probably worth it, at that price.

11. Bump.

12. Bump

13. zeppelinbass95

zeppelinbass95

Dec 26, 2008
    PA
    good cause and sexy bass bump

14. So, there's about a week to go...am I going to be keeping this bass after all?

John

15. Guys, I've had a few offers below my asking price, but I won't let it go for less. I bought it for this price and I think this is this instrument's value. As you can see by following the link I posted before, fellow TBer CraigB sold it to another TBer for this price too. So I think this is quite reasonable.

For what it's worth, I've been using it quite a bit recently since I figured it was leaving...I am going to be sorry to see it go in a way. I don't know that you are going to get a better looking and playing bass for this amount.

If it doesn't sell by the due date, I am going to keep it. It may go up for sale at some point (never say never), but I certainly won't mind keeping it.

John

16. Bump

17. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Bump

18. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    A good cause and generous gesture *bump*.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021