Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: G&L JB-2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mrcircle, Dec 6, 2005.

1. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    Hi all,

I went on a G&L bender earlier this year and got a great deal on this new JB-2 from a dealer, but discovered that I really prefer the wider neck profile of my other G&Ls (this one has the 1-1/2" nut width). It's in new condition: still has the protective plastic on the back electronics cover and all the case candy, even that "new guitar" smell. I'd rate it 9.8 out of 10, where 10 is never played. Details:

Ash body
    Maple neck/fingerboard
    Gun oil tint/gloss neck finish
    White neck binding
    No dots on fretboard
    8.3 lbs
    OHSC

Plays and sounds great. Tone is very much like a Jazz bass, as you'd expect, but with added clarity. Nice and light but balances well sitting or on a strap. G&L does a great job on their finishes and I believe they outdid themselves on this one, especially with the vintage-lookinge GOT neck finish. Not a scratch or mark on it, no fret wear, still has the original SIT strings (I briefly tried it with TI flats). I've played it maybe 3-4 hours.

The original list price with all the upgrades was $1,900. Buffalo Brothers had one exactly like it on their site for $1,050 when I bought mine. I'm asking $750 including shipping to lower 48.

PM me with any questions. No trades, unless maybe you have an Ashdown EVO 500 amp, Bergantino NV cab, or Epifani 410UL.

Thanks,
    Michael

2. mrcircle

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    Two more pictures to whet your appetite!

3. mrcircle

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    Bump.

4. I've got to tell you that I'm trying really hard to ignore this thread. It's a beautiful instrument.

Jay

5. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Gorgeous looking bass.....must....stop...looking... :eyebrow:

6. Sexy...

7. bump for pm

8. fullcircle

fullcircle Live your dreams

Jan 24, 2004
    Bump for a really nice bass! If I had the cash,I'd grab it. Love G&L's with factory options.

9. I'm going to buy it.

Thanks, Michael

Payment on the way.

Jay

10. mrcircle

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    Jay gets a beautiful bass under his tree this year! :hyper:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

11. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member