1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: G&L Jb2 Jazz Bass USA Jb-2 Not Tribute: Near MINT!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by madbassplaya, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007

Putting this out there because I am really looking into getting a new 5 string bass.

This is a G&L Jb-2 and it is Leo Fender's modern take on his classic Jazz bass. Everything about this bass is awesome! The bass features a 6 bolt rock solid maple neck with a very light and resonant swamp ash body.

It has that distinct G&L growl to the pickups that give you that Jazzy tone with some edge to it.

I really like the bass, but as I stated I am wanting a 5 string bass again and the body is smaller than I would like it to be. I prefer the traditional jazz bass body.

I just got the bass out of the shop and had my tech adjust the action, file the frets, put new strings on it, and the tone pot was buzzing so a new tone pot is being installed. The total cost of all this was $125.00 for set up, strings, and labor. The tech I use does quality work as well, so no worries.

Features:
    # 2 G&L vintage alnico single-coil pickups
    # Swamp ash body
    # Hard rock maple with rosewood fingerboard
    # 12" (304.8mm) neck radius
    # 1-1/2" (38.1mm) wide at nut
    # Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" tuners with aluminum tapered string posts
    # G&L Saddle Lock bridge
    # 2 volume controls, 1 tone control
    # Chrome hardware
    # Includes gig bag

I will take better pics tomorrow.

Body shot to show the beautiful grain:
    GLandPeavey006.

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I didn't get to take any new pictures today due to rain and it being overcast. Hopefully there will be some sunshine tomorrow.

3. bump for a cool dude.

4. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    thanks happyface.

sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.