Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: G&L L-2500 5-string Premium Tribute

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by GRoberts, Feb 6, 2005.

1. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    For Sale: G&L "Tribute" L-2500, 5 String Bass. Comes with G&L heavily padded gig bag. Deluxe/Premium Swamp Ash Body, Natural Finish, with especially beautiful grain. Rosewood Fingerboard. G&L USA Pickups with G&L active Electronics. Has Active/Passive Bypass, Series/Dual coil switch, Bright switch setting also. Active Bass and Treble controls. Master Volume and a Pick-up selector switch. Neck is straight and perfect, frets are 100% great shape.

Excellent, like new condition. I cannot find any dings or nicks anywhere after searching closely in the event that someone asks. This G&L L-2500 is exceptional. When I bought it new (one owner, That's me), I played a few L-2500's nd this particular G&L was head and shoulders more punchy, detailed and rich. It is approximately 1.5 years old. I bought it to leave at our band rehearsal space and have not really needed it since I got a second F Bass BN5.

$425 plus shipping to 38 lower states US buyers only. No Canadian Sales. Sorry. Prefer Paypal, but will accept USPS Money Orders.

Have many photo's available. Please ask and I will email them. Thanks! - Gary

Attached Files:

2. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    PS: The G&L L2500 bass comes with Dunlop Straplocks installed. Email for more pics. Thanks. - Gary

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    OK, so I'm kicking myself in the ass for it, but e-mail sent

Ray :D

4. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Thanks for the email Ray. I responded with pics as requested. Honestly, at this price, you can't go wrong in my opinion. The GL L2500 I am selling is probably one of the best values today if you ask me. Gary

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    ;) Free bump. Let's hope I sell my spector before you sell this :p

Ray

6. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Lot's of bites on this but no takers yet. I'll answer a question that came up about string spacing:

NECK RADIUS 12" (304.8mm)
    NECK WIDTH AT NUT 1 3/4" (44.5mm)

The neck width and spacing feels very natural. Not too wide, but not what I would call narrow. Honestly, the spacing is just right on this most excellent and savory bass. ;)

7. Still mulling over it...

FWIW, the neck of a typical L2500 is wider at the nut than a MM Stingray 5 but a bit more narrow than the Fender Roscoe Beck V. Very comfy for a 5er.

Tom

8. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    What's she weigh?

9. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    On my bathroom scale (No idea how accurate it is, but close enough) it weighs between 9.5 - 10 lbs.

10. Come on guys!!

Nobody bought that bass??
    Let me tell you something! I've been at Roscoe5 (aka Gary!) house, saw and tried that bass, I can tell you that it plays very well, sounds very well and it's mint....
    What a deal...:hyper:
    You should run for it!!!

Vince

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Buy my Spector and I'm buying this! I just need someone to send me the money for it!!!

Ray

12. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Sane - got your PM. Thanks. Yes I will include shipping for a quick sale. Let me know. Thanks. You'll love the bass.

13. If it's not sold - I'd love more photos (back of neck and body as well). This is almost too good to pass up.

How are the electronics (noise wise)?

thanks
    Jay

vicenzajay@yahoo.com

14. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    What's the string spacing at the bridge?

15. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Hi Jay, Pics sent. Electronics are dead quiet and very strong output.

Beav - No idea what the bridge spacing is. I pulled the Nut spacing and neck dimensions from the website. NECK RADIUS 12" (304.8mm) NECK WIDTH AT NUT 1 3/4" (44.5mm) Again, the spacing feels very natural. It is neither Narrow, nor excessively wide. Right down the middle.

$425 (free shipping UPS Ground) to US states. Going to the 'bay' on Thursday afternoon 02-10-05 if no one wants it. Thanks - Gary

16. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Going to ebay Friday by noon if no one buys. Last chance to buy for $425 with No shipping charges. Any takers?

17. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Last chance. Going to Ebay later this afternoon. Thought I'd post one more bump to see if anyone wants to take advantage of a GREAT deal on an exceptionally nice G&L L2500 Tribute bass. Like New or damn close to it. No Dings anywhere.

NOTICE 02-11-05 5:25PM MST: SALE PENDING! Will remove Ad once funds are received. Thanks!

18. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    SOLD! Thanks Talkbass

19. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Thanks Gary

IT'S MINE! All MINE!

20. GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Thank you Matt! She will be yours, oh yes, she will be yours! If I can get it shipped on Monday, you might have her before the end of the week! Enjoy! Gary