1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: G&L L2000 Cherryburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Kurisu, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    This maple/ash cherryburst '93 L2000 was bought about 3 years ago from The Low End. It was in good shape and has served me well. I haven't played out often, and when I did I was very careful with it.

A few issues cropped up as I got to know it better. One, the volume knob was scratchy. Two, the pickup selector stopped working. Three, the frets were either worn down or something that prevented a very low action. All the above were fixed about 9 months ago. Most notably the frets were levelled and dressed by a professional luthier. I also added strap locks (an important investment for a bass that will be used on stage, as this one deserves to be). They will be included.

I'm very happy with the bass, and it served me well. It's a player's bass; there are a few knicks and scratches, but nothing serious into the wood, or any that anyone can see standing a few feet away. The worst is near the bottom strap knob, and is covered by the strap anyway. I actually forgot about it for a couple years because how often do you look there? But there's a dent from a previous owner that goes into the wood.

Reason for selling? I'm moving to a Lakland or Sadowsky, and I need the money for that purchase.

This bass has incredible tone, what can I say? If you're looking at this you know that G&L's are extremely undervalued in this market, and here you're getting one that's had more than a hundred dollars worth of work on it to make it a great player's bass. I don't know if this will show in the pics, but the neck and fingerboard have an impressive maple swirl. And the ash is nicely grained as well.

I'll ask for $695 shipped (US & Canada). Includes OHSC, straplocks, a set of unused SIT Rock Brights that The Low End included and I never got around to using. I don't mind shipping overseas if buyer pays for the extra shipping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Not to contradict the seller at all, but in my opinion these basses are far more than beginner to intermediate axes.

Super versatile and great tone, I highly recommend these! Further, this one looks really nice.

3. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    A-men!! My L2k is the bomb!! Great bass, and covers a lot of ground. This looks like a nice-un! I love that fingerboard!

4. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    Thanks for the kind words, guys.

You're totally right about the bass - it's far more than a beginner or intermediate axe. It's a USA handmade bass, from Fender Ave. in Fullerton, CA. The real Fender, if you will. :)
    Maybe I should have chosen my words better, I never was much of a salesman. :p

5. What's its weight? What are the neck dimensions? Thanks!

6. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    I don't have the exact dimensions, but I'm assuming it's standard L-2000 dimensions:
    NECK RADIUS: 12" (304.8mm)
    NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4" (44.5mm)

Weight is 11 pounds. It's on the heavy side (as most G&L's are) and the sound reflects that. I forgot to add this above - but the bass is pretty loud acoustically, I was surprised.

I used to have a MIM jazz that was lighter, but it had serious neck-dive. This G&L balances perfectly and actually feels lighter than the jazz while playing.

Hope that helps!

7. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    Happy weekend!

Bump for a price change - shipping is now included. :D

8. Hey man, I'm in Windsor. Is that $695 US or Canadian?

9. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    USD. We can work something out if you decide to get it, because the shipping wouldn't be too bad (or we can meet in between).

10. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    Bump, still available!

11. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Gawd, this is still here?

Someone pull the trigger on this pretty bass!

Please! I'm saving for something else!!!

12. funkasaurus

funkasaurus

Apr 23, 2001
    Los Angeles
    pm'd.

13. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    And returned! :)

14. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Any interest in a trade involving a Lakland Skyline Scheff in shoreline gold? Only a few months old looks like new

15. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    Thanks, but I need the money for another bass I have my eyes on.
    (Although looking at some info on the Sheff -- that thing looks killer!)

Sell your Sheff to someone else and buy my L2000! :D

16. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I'm actually working on that now :)

17. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    Sold!
    Thanks for all the kind words and the interest.

It's off too la-la land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.