1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: G&L SB-1 and LB-100, Carruthers 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bdgotoh, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    All prices include shipping in the 48 states only. I'll ship elsewhere but you pay the extra.

The ONLY trades I'm interested in are:
    -Sadowsky NYC Vintage P4, non-maple board, chunky P width neck, 8.0 lbs or less, solid color preferred
    -Mike Lull P4 with P-width neck, rosewood fingerboard only, clear finish on headstock
    -17th Street 5 string
    -Lakland USA Glaub with P-width neck, rosewood board only, non-matching headstock, 8.5 lbs or less, P only - no PJ

First is a super clean G&L SB-1. I'm guessing it's a mid to late 90's era but I haven't taken the neck off to check the build dates. It's got 3 bolt one piece neck made from birdseye maple - you don't see many of these! The neck is P width at the nut - 1.75" wide and has a nice round back contour. Frets have no wear, looks like it's had flats it's whole life and has them right now. The body finish is excellent, a couple of scratches on the edge of the body, a few more minor scratches on the back, and one tiny crack in the clearcoat by the corner of the neck pocket - otherwise it's as new. This looks like it's pretty much new other than some light tarnish on the bridge saddles and tuners. Weight is nice at 9.0 lbs, comes in the original molded factory hardcase.

Price is $650 SOLD

BlackSB1both.gif

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    On the Carruthers - when was it made? Scale length?
    Is that fretboard macassar ebony?

3. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Sorry, I don't know what year it was built, and the fingerboard is definitely ebony but I don't know which type. Scale length is 34.5".

4. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    California Republic
    35" or 34.5" on that Carruthers scale length?

5. beedubyuh

beedubyuh

Jul 20, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    PM sent.

6. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Many thanks to TB's Carruthers expert! The scale length is 34.5".

7. Bass2daMix

Bass2daMix Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2009
    PDX
    Carruthers is a steal!!! I wish I had funds for it.

8. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Price drops on both remaining basses.

9. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.