Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FS: Genz-Benz GB 410T-XB2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by VifferMike, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VifferMike

VifferMike Registered Four Banger

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    SOLD!

For sale: my beloved Genz-Benz 410T-XB2 4x10 cabinet. This is a pre-Kaman (circa 2001, I believe) top-of-the-GB-line cab hand-built in balmy Scottsdale, Arizona by the fine folks at Genz-Benz. I looked for months for one of these used in a 4-ohm config a couple of years ago. It was worth the wait.

I'd call its voicing a cross between an Ampeg and an SWR, but with a clearer and punchier bottom end (thanks to the four front ports), big 'n' fat 'n' meaty mids, and a tweeter that actually functions well. Other specs: 700W handling, 103 dB sensitivity (it's L-O-U-D, even driven at less than half its power rating), tweeter attentuator, 1/4" and Speakon connectors, dual kick-back casters, a VERY sturdy honeycomb-patterned grill and G-B's unique black paint-speckled white speaker-mount panel.

It's in near-mint condition and, to my knowledge, has never been gigged. New ones retail for $1K. This one's better than a new one, since it's pre-Kaman. I'm selling it 'cause I'm scaling down to a Schroeder 1212.

I'm asking $420. I really don't wanna ship this 90-pound beast; the cost'll be considerable. So if anyone in North Texas wants, IMHO, the most underrated 4x10 cab around, here's your chance!

Attached Files:

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    bump for a killer cab from Genz-Benz

3. VifferMike

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Bump ... seriously, folks, this cab THUMPS. For the money, I personally don't think it can be beat, even by Avatar. They're hard to find ... but if you hear one, you'll be a believer like I was about three years ago.

4. VifferMike

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    bump for price drop!

5. VifferMike

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    ... through Sunday for a gentleman in East Texas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.