1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Genz Benz Rig (Central Iowa)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by BigLoopDuke, Nov 4, 2013.

1. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    As my playing has largely transitioned to writing and recording my own music, I've decided that I don't really need to have this sweet rig sitting around the house. Ultimately, proceeds from this sale will translate into a guitar amp as my bass needs are covered.

For Sale: Genz Benz Bass Rig - $1,200

Shuttle 6.0 amp
    GB 212 Neo cab (4 ohm)
    GB 112 Neo cab (8 ohm)
    Road Ready rack
    Korg rack-mounted tuner

This set up has served my needs very well over the past few years. I started this pursuit a long time ago with an Eden rig. Finally, after multiple iterations, I settled on a Genz Benz set up. I needed a set-up that was versatile, so I went with a 212 cab for my main playing and a 112 for the smaller gigs and recording. I think I've got the best of both worlds. The Genz Benz Shuttle gave me everything I needed with the old Eden rig and has been my most reliable piece of equipment I've ever owned. It is a complete Swiss Army knife in the studio and I've been able to get a ton of great sounds out of it to suit my needs. I've played rock, blues, country and metal through it on 4, 5 and 6 string active and passive basses. Sounds great with everything.

I'll post up pics this week when I can. Originally, I thought I might have a couple of good snap shots from being on stage, but then realized that all my pics tended to be close-ups of me or taken from angles that didn't show much of the amp (darned non-GASing photogs).

I'd prefer not to ship, so I'm looking for a relatively local sale. I'd also like to sell it all as one purchase.

2. BigLoopDuke

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    bumped up.

3. morebass!

morebass! I'm all ears Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    I may be interested in just the cabs if you decide to split up the rig. Are you in Des Moines?

4. BigLoopDuke

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    Yep. I am.

5. BigLoopDuke

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    Bumping it on up.

6. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member