1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Geoff Gould/Modulus GGi4 Carbon Fiber 7.6lbs New Condition!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 61reissue, Jan 24, 2012.

1. 61reissue

61reissue

Sep 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    SOLD...Thanks for all the interest and Kind words!

I'll keep it short and sweet....I just flat out need cash and in a hurry! My wife has decided (for both of us) that we need to purchase a house in PA.....and we live in Georgia. I made a promise long ago, a promise that I bet 50% of us has told our wives, husbands,ect..That being that this new piece of gear that we just “need” to have is an "investment" and if we ever needed the money I would sell it, consider it a savings account! Well that bluff has been called and it is time to pay the piper! I am also selling my Schroeder 1210A4 and Epifani UL502 w/ Pcx3 (see other postings!)

Geoff Gould the "Father of Graphite" and Modulus founder puts out a few basses every year so these are not something you get a chance at everyday! Gould GGi4 with EMG X pickups with the 2 way active/passive option. This bass was puchased in mid November from the Bass Place for $2000+ and the original receipt will be included for any warranty item and buyers records. It is a 34" scale and th enut is 1.625 or 1 5/8" and has a HIGHLY FIGURED Rosewood fretboard.

Did I mention 7.6 POUNDS!!! It is awesome and after playing P-Basses for years this Gould has breathed new life into my playing as it is the lightest and fastest bass I have ever played but still sounds Massive and retains a HUGE botton end...Geoff Gould truly is a Genius!!

10/10 Condition with a G&G hardshell case and also come with the original black knobs that came stock on the bass. I really love this bass and really torn about having to part with it as really incredible. $1300 Shipped and insured via UPS in the Cont. USA, everyone contact me and I'll see if it makes sense to ship overseas. That is a $750 REAL MONEY saving for a 3 month old guitar....told you I need some quick $$$$!

100_3861.
    100_3862.
    100_3863.
    100_3864.
    100_3865.
    100_3867.
    100_3868.
    100_3869.
    100_3870.
    100_3872.
    100_3873.
    100_3875.

2. Nicolay3535

Nicolay3535

Sep 16, 2010
    South Florida
    If its still available first week of February (my bonus comes in), I'll buy it! I doubt it will still be here though.

3. 61reissue

61reissue

Sep 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    You never know!:bassist:

4. Blues Infidel

Blues Infidel Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    I have one of his early 5 strings. It's one of the best 5s I've ever played. His basses are a well kept secret. Good luck with the sale, whoever gets this is in for a treat.

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I'm not a huge fan of single-pickup basses (at least ones without pickguards) but DAMN THAT'S HOT!

6. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Gould's are truly a rare pleasure. So few are around, and they are just superbly built. I've got basically the same bass, only twin EMG's and 34" scale. It's one I'd never, ever let go of. The sound and feel are just great. I just upgraded to the 3 band EMG pre and couldn't be more pleased. Even still, this one's tempting me. If you like Modulus or Zon's, the best way I could describe my Gould would be a very, very pleasant blend of the other two, but with some very nice surprises. This bass at this price is a killer. If anybody's on the fence out there, you will not be sorry if you go for it (I'm not related to seller, either - LOL) :bassist::D

7. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    I was the original owner and this bass is the real deal. The seller is a top notch dude!

8. 61reissue

61reissue

Sep 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Fella's I just checked the scale as I have been asked by a few to confirm it via PM.

I measured the nut to the 12th fret and it is exactly 17" therefore 34" Scale.

9. 61reissue

61reissue

Sep 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    And Sold!!

10. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Good Lord I'm glad this is SOLD and is in fact not 35" scale! I was having scary thoughts about selling some stuff. This thing is just awesome, but at least I don't feel so bad now :)