1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: German bow made in W. Germany

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by dew94, Jan 17, 2012.

1. dew94

dew94

Sep 21, 2011
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I have a nice bow available for sale. The bow is stamped "W. Germany" and I have personally had it for about 25 years. It's currently strung with natural horse hair, and weighs in at 4.74 oz. I was told when my parents purchased this for me that it originally had belonged to the second chair bassist from the Grand Rapids Symphony. I had no way to verify this, but it may be true. The frog appears to be ebony with the natural mother of pearl inlay.

As it is stamped "W. Germany", the bow then must have been made between the years of 1945-1989, but as it was well worn in '88 or thereabouts, I'm guessing closer to the earlier portion of that time-frame.

bow_01.

bow_06.

bow_05.

bow_04.

bow_03.

bow_02.

I've just lowered my price to $300. Make me a good offer, and I just might accept.

Thanks for the interest!

Dean Woodard
    1747 Timberlane LA NE
    Grand Rapids, MI 49505

e-mail is probably the best way to contact me
    quigon1 (AT) live (DOT) com
    Just remove the replaced sections and substitute. This prevents the SPAM bots from finding my post and sending me all sorts of lovely mail. ;)