1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS- German SCHACK Unique 5 34", "sweetspot" BassTec- PRICE REDUCTION BUMP!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 123321, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 123321

123321 Bravely eating @ MacDonald's Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    There is something on TB I am in the market for so have priced this to sell quickly! I the event the item I desire sells... this posting will be deleted...

Bass now $600.00 shipped or $650.00 shipped with a set of BassTec pickups in the same dimension as the pickup on the bass...

ON HOLD!!

German made Schack Unique 5. Swamp Ash body. Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard. 34" Scale. BassTec pickup in the “sweetspot”. Volume pot is a push/pull for series parallel. ABM Bridge (I think we're looking at 18-19mm spacing here). Gig bag.

A fine bass and rarely seen on the used market. Weighs around 8 pounds. The fellow I purchased the bass from described the sound as “clear and open”. Very even response from top to bottom. Word has it that Andy Schack owned/operated a wood supply house as well and had first choice at woods… Very nice bass with great tone!

If you’ve not had the pleasure of BassTec (out of business) pickups… Great sounding pickups with guts’n’nuts! FWIW- The pickup is not lightweight like an EMG. I own a paired set of the same pickups as in this bass and was surprised to feel the relative heft of the pickups…

[DEL]$695.00[/DEL] shipped in the lower 48 USA states...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Added info from response to a previous PM:
    "It is a passive bass... I like that... I can always get a Aguilar or even Fodera (amongst others) pre pedal...

The overall condition is an excellent plus... the bass has been played but well taken care of... frets are excellent!

The finish is what seems to be a lighter (not heavy) nitro finish on the neck... Like an old fender in its thickness perhaps? Feels totally cool... the body has a light sealer type finish... not oil but not a heavy finish... again, totally cool... As much as I somehow like the IDEA of oil finishes, I don't care for the IDEA of them (love/hate)... This is definitely not an oil finish, durable but light so as to not suffocate the wood... the nut width is 1 29/32 or 1/32 over 1 7/8"- at the body, it is about 3 inches for the normal spacing at the bridge...

I was able to play a Bossa four string for a time years ago (it was owned by a friend). That particular bass was in the OK range but not all basses are created equal. This particular Schack is way better than that particular Bossa (if that makes any sense...)..."

"I'd say, no neck dive... I don't feel dive strapped on and I sit when I play at home... Very well balanced!"

2. 123321

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    Astute TB'er hifibass added this info into the original post... Thanks Ken!!

"Great deal bump! Today this bass has a list price over $3K and then you get to add taxes, customs and shipping your looking around $3.5K. If it were a 4 I'd go for it, they're great basses.

http://www.schack-guitars.de/InstrumentenPreisliste.pdf

BTW, these are 2 year old prices."

3. 123321

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    On hold pending payment...

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Mine and staying within the Old Dominion. Shoot...now I've got to sell something to make room!

Riis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.