1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: GHS Precision Flats (55-105) & D'Addario Chromes (40-100)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by PBnJBassist, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

Mar 8, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I have 2 sets of Flatwounds up for sale that I do not need anymore due to a custom order set of GHS Flats that I just fell in love with. So, without further ado, I have a set of the:

"Regular" GHS Precision flatwounds: 55-70-90-105
    Sale Price: $12.50
    SOLD!!

D'Addario ECB84 Custom Light Chromes: 40-60-80-100
    Sale Price: $12.50
    SOLD!!

I used the GHS set extensively for 3-4 months and they're well broken in minus the elusive "G" string that seems to remain brighter than the rest of the bunch. The silk wrappings are fuzzy since I do admit taking them off my Fender P-bass for testing out other strings from time-to-time.

As for the D'Addario Chromes, it's been on my bass for only 2-3 weeks and I've already broken in them in a quarter-of-the-way (a long-shot guess) since they barely have the roundwound sparkle that I love yet they're starting to thump like flatwounds should. I've been playing on this set heavily since I've gotten them and my love is drained for their sound. This set also has a semi-balanced tension of 37-45-43-38 pounds from the "G" to "E" string. Very little to no damage on the silk wraps, too.

Each set is priced @ $12.50 and will be shipped via USPS Priority. I prefer posting before privately messaging me (PM) but to each their own. Cheers! :bassist:

2. fishstick666

fishstick666 Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kalifornia
    I'll take the GHS flatwounds if they're still available and cut for a P-bass (sounds like they are).

3. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

Mar 8, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I'll shoot you a PM. One note is that NONE of these sets are cut in any way. I actually like the long wrap-around (especially on the "A" string for a good break angle).

4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I'd like the chromes please and thx, pm me paypal info?

thx

5. If, for some reason, Chef didn't get the Chromes I'll take them.

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    OP never replied to me...I'd still like them, if it's possible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.