1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Gibson SG Standard Bass (Gloss Cherry) - Near MINT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by asolo, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asolo

asolo Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Northeast
    SOLD LOCALLY FOR $900

Price Reduced - added pictures - updated trades Any interest at any reasonable price?

Selling a virtually unused 2009 Gibson SG Standard Bass - the fully dressed up version done in glossy Heritage Cherry (Not FADED) with the Trapezoidal Fretboard inlays (not Dots). There is a popular belief that these models also get the better body and neck wood selection with fewer pieces making up the body. I have never been able to confirm this, however the mahogany in this bass is excellent. Picture is factory stock. [DEL]I will add actual later.
    [/DEL] See actual pictures in following posts.

Specs available at:
    http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Bass/Gibson-USA/SG-Standard-Bass.aspx

I won't waste anyone's time going on about this bass. It plays and performs just the way an SG should. Short (30.5") scale, under 8.5 pounds, well balanced, factory original, no mods. Better bassists and reviewers than I have written about all there is to know re: this bass right here on TB.

This bass is NEAR MINT and I do not think I have ever used that before to describe used gear. I can find no flaws other than the typical small swirls that appear on the plastic pick guards. There is probably something somewhere, but I have not been able to find anything. I doubt you would be able to find another used SG in any better condition. Without doubt in better than the Brand New Blems and Seconds selling for over $1200!

List: $2419 (who believes this?); Online new: $1399; Online new blem/2nd: $1218; eBay used: $850-$1150 (depending on condition) plus shipping. Asking [DEL]$1075[/DEL]$975, including insured CONUS East/Central shipping and PayPal fees. Add $25 if going to Mountain or Pacific time zones. Don't be afraid to offer, I am not easily offended!

This October 2009 bass was purchased from the factory in January 2010, probably one of the last to come out of the Nashville factory before the disastrous flood.

The hard shell case is the original and is also in excellent condition. I cannot seem to find the case candy after moving, but will include if found.

Sale preferred, but might be tempted by a Fender Geddy Lee (Japan), Aerodyne Jazz (Japan) or American Deluxe/Special Jazz in similar condition.

2. asolo

asolo Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Northeast
    PM replied, passed on trade offer for Aerodyne Precision, beautiful bass, but body and neck just not quite there for me.

3. asolo

asolo Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Northeast
    Additional actual pictures of SG.

4. asolo

asolo Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Northeast
    Happy to consider offers before it goes to auction. Will listen to any reasonable offer. Really is close to mint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.