1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: GK Gallien Krueger MB2-500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by cabrego, May 9, 2010.

1. cabrego

cabrego Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2007
    I am selling a first run mb2-500 with rack ears in an skb case for $550 shipped or best offer. I am the original owner of this rig. I recently went back to a full size rig and I don't need this any more.

GK MB2-500 with rack ears
    SKB XRACK2 2U Roto-Molded X-Rack Case

2. cabrego

Jan 21, 2007
    Footswitch and cable are also included.

3. cabrego

Jan 21, 2007
    $525.oo shipped or best offer

4. cabrego

Jan 21, 2007
    I will sell just the head for $400 shipped without the rack ears. I just thought it would be convenient for some one if I sold the rack and ears. Really convenient for me cause I don't have to sell other stuff seperately. I thought it was a fair price. I also said to make an offer.

5. How would you say this GK compares in tone to the 1001rb-ii? Or have you ever played on one? If they're similar, I'll consider the package.

6. cabrego

Jan 21, 2007
    I can't remember if I played a 1001 or a 700, but it was on a different cab so it is hard to compare. When set flat this head has a tiny bit too much bass for me. I think the eq was changed in later revisions, but I never sent mine in since it never gave me problems. You just have to turn the bass knob down a tiny bit. I think I read in some of the earlier postings about this head that they originally had some kind of 5 string boost on it or something like that. I only played that other head at one show and it wasn't mine so I didn't mess with any of the knobs. It does sound like a louder, deeper, and punchier version of the original 400rb I used to play if that helps you any.

7. Cory

Cory

May 16, 2004
    TEXAS
    Bump for a great seller. I've bought stuff from him before with ZERO problems. Straight up honest guy. I'd buy from him no questions asked. Totally trustworthy.
    Heck, I'd even loan him any piece of gear I own and not worry.

8. cabrego

Jan 21, 2007
    still available

9. cabrego

Jan 21, 2007
    Here is a pic of the head and the included rack and ears.

10. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I'm thinking really hard about this! I just played one the other night and it was KILLER! I just have to get rid of some gear and I will PM...

11. cabrego

Jan 21, 2007
    sold