1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Gollihur Fully Carved Bulgarian, Set up by David Gage! w/ pickup, case + stand!!

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by madorchidkyle, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madorchidkyle

madorchidkyle

Sep 6, 2008
    New Hartford, CT 06057
    bassamatic '76
    Hi all!

I have for sale one of the fully carved Bulgarian upright basses (4 string) that I bought through Bob Gollihur in '05. I bought it for school, I was a student at the Hartt school of music, but only stayed for one year. This bass has gotten VERY LITTLE playing time since I have bought it. I only take it out once in a while just to clean it and make sure everything is still good. NEVER gigged. The bass is in absolute MINT condition.

As stated, I had this bass set up by David Gage, in NYC. If anyone knows David, you know that this bass was in good hands. He fixed up the fingerboard, put on the adjustable bridge, put new strings on it, and also installed the pickup. The bass plays and sounds amazing. I brought it to David off of a reccommendation from my bass professor, Nat Reeves. I still have the receipts.. I paid over 800 dollars, just for David to make it perfect.

I am mostly an electric player... I just never really made the switch I guess you could say. I never play this, and I need a new electric very badly at the moment, hence the sale of this. I hate just seeing it sitting in my room getting no attention. It really is beautiful... I would be glad to get pictures very soon once I borrow a camera.

This also comes with a soft case, and stand, which I also bought through Gollihur. Everyone knows that these basses are nothing but quality, just search the name. I have had NO issues with this thing, it just keeps getting better. Please give it a good home.

As for the pickup... unfortunately I had a bunch of my equipment stolen while I was at school... so I ONLY have the actual pick-up that is on the bass, no preamp. But you are halfway there! It is the K&K Bass Master Pro pickup. I still have the box with the original notes signed by Bob Gollihur himself... just no pre-amp. :(

That is all I can think of off the top of my head right now! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will answer them to the best of my knowledge.

PRICE: $2000 picked up. I am willing to drive to meet up. I am located in New Hartford, CT 06057.

Link to Bob Gollihur's page with more specs/info: http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product/1408-FULLY_CARVED_BULGARIAN_BASS.html

:)

2. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Chicago
    Would you be interested in a trade for a nice electric bass?
    Lemme know!

Matt

3. madorchidkyle

madorchidkyle

Sep 6, 2008
    New Hartford, CT 06057
    bassamatic '76
    I would DEFINITELY be up for a trade. Show me whatcha got!

I am mostly looking for a good 5 string with a nice low end.. I will entertain ANY offers though. Thanks!

4. franca

franca

Mar 26, 2007
    I e-mailed you asking for pictures about 2 days ago, Are you able to do that? Just to see the color and some details.
    Thnak you

franca100@hotmail.com

5. madorchidkyle

madorchidkyle

Sep 6, 2008
    New Hartford, CT 06057
    bassamatic '76
    Sorry, I have been CRAZY busy these past few days.. I apologize. I am getting a 'working' camera tonight, so I will be able to snap some pictures and get them up here. I will update when that is done! Thanks everyone.

6. emilio g

emilio g

Jul 16, 2008
    Jersey City, NJ
    Hey man, I've been REALLY interested in those basses for a while but I'm hesitant to buy anything I can't play first..

That being said, if you get me some pictures I could meet up as soon as this weekend to check it out!

7. franca

franca

Mar 26, 2007
    Is there a chance to talk with you by phone? You can call me at (618) 525-3355 or send your phone # to franca100@hotmail.com , and I'll be calling you asap.
    Thanks
    Franca

8. franca

franca

Mar 26, 2007
    I wonder if the bass still in the market.... if so... please make a contact, I really would like to talk to you about it.
    Thank you
    Franca.
    :ninja: :)

9. madorchidkyle

madorchidkyle

Sep 6, 2008
    New Hartford, CT 06057
    bassamatic '76
    It is. Just have not been home for a couple days, been in the city recording. I'll be back home tomorrow, hopefully to get some pics for y'all and get to talkin! Sorry for the hold up.. I posted this when I wasn't busy, and all of a sudden I get swamped with craziness. That's life! Thanks for all of your patience.

10. franca

franca

Mar 26, 2007
    Still waiting for a contact...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.