1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS - Gorgeous Carl Thomspson-Inspired Pete Hilton 32" Reverse Scroll 4-String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by asg618, Oct 14, 2009.

1. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    SOLD!

Up for sale is this like new Pete Hilton Reverse Scroll 4-string. For those who don't know, Pete is a current builder for Carl Thompson Basses, who also works on his own, very CT-inspired creations on the side. Pete's work is second to none. From wood selection to hand-carving everything himself, his basses are aboslute masterpieces. I'm putting this one up solely to raise some cash for a new custom build order with Pete.

Asking $2,700.00

Some specs:

- This is by far the lightest electric bass I ever picked up (I put it right at about 6 pounds).

- The passive electronics are simple - 1 volume, 1 tone, and a 3-way mini-toggle for mute, series, and parallel on the single Kent Armstrong pickup. And within that user-friendly circuit is a world of tone, from deep P-bass like thud to bright and snappy J attack.

- Super-fast neck and 24-frets.

- Bloodwood, Lacewood and Indian Rosewood top and back

- More Pix at Pete Hilton's MySpace page: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=295971621&albumId=905024

Here's a link to my review comparing this bass to a couple of Browne Gnome basses on the TB forums: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504245&highlight=thompson+hilton

Here's a link to the Low End's sold gallery - scroll down nearly all the way to the bottom of the page to see the listing for Pete Hilton Basses. Mine's the first bass at the top of the list.
    http://www.thelowend.net/thelowend/sold-gallery.html

Finally, below are a couple of pix taken by me.

Note that this bass is in really pristine condition. It's never been gigged, only used by my in my smoke-free, humidty and temperature regulated home studio. I am the original owner and have the original gig bag that came with the bass, as well as the original spec sheet provided by Pete, both of which are included in this sale.

The bass is currently strung with a set of Thomastik-Infeld Roundwound Jazz bass strings, and they sound terrific on this bass - a little brighter than vintage but still very rich and organic.

This bass was completed in late 2008 and I purchased it brand new from The Low End in early 2009.

I am asking $2,700 - a downright steal for an amazing bass in Like New condition. Ther are no dings, scratches, dents, etc. The electronics work beautifully and she is dead quiet. At this price I will include shipping + insurance via UPS Ground to anywhere in the Continental U.S. Upgrades/international shipping is doable at the additional expense of the purchaser.

I accept check, money order, or PayPal. All funds to clear before the bass ships out.

Check my feedback here, and also on eBay under the same name (asg618). I've literally dozens of high end guitars and basses and have never had anything less than 100% satisfaction from buyers around the world.

PM any reasonable offers or private questions. All other questions are welcome right here - I'll do my best to answer as quickly as possible!

Thanks all!

2. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!! That is SWEET!!!!!

3. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    These don't really do it justice, but here's another couple of shots, front and back of the headstock.

4. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Gorgeous bass!!!!!
    What is the string spacing at the bridge?
    24 or 29 frets?

5. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    Hi Eddy!

Good questions - the bass actually has 30 frets, that last one being just for show. You can play up in the 24th to 29th fret range, but not very comfortably. But you've definitely got frets 20 to 24 readily available.

String spacing at the bridge by measure looks like 18 mm. That's measuring from the center of 1 string to the next, right at the point where the string crosses the bridge.

Thanks for looking!

6. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    Here's a picture of the spec sheet so you can see the choice woods used by Pete to build this beauty!

7. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    Quite a few pm's but no takers. I've lowered the asking price to $3,000 shipped.

8. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    Bumparoo!

9. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    PM'd

10. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    PM responded to - thanks!

11. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    I've received a couple of requests for sound files of the Hilton, so here ya go. All clips are the Hilton plugged into an Apogee One USB, recorded directly into GarageBand with no effects, no EQ adjustments, no compression, no nothing - just raw bass into GB.

The first clip, 001, is fingerstyle with the tone control all the way down for some classic P-style tone.

The second clip, 002, is with a pick with the tone control all the way up for a more modern, harder tone.

Thanks to all those who have PM'd me. All PMs responded to.

12. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    Final sound clip, 003, is a little slap 'n pop, with the tone control set at about half (noon). Again, no effects, EQ, compression, etc - just raw Hilton into GarageBand.

Pardon the bass and recording skills - I did all these in about 10 minutes start to finish, just to get some sound files recorded and posted tonight.

Thanks!

13. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    Friendly afternoon bump for a great (and still available) bass.

14. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    All PM's replied to. Still accepting reasonable offers.

15. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Feb 24, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    If I had the money available I would have already sent it to you. Best of luck with the sale of this gorgeous bass!

16. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    that reverse horn is so trippy..

very convincing C.T. stype..

free bump since i've got too many basses as it is..

17. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    Bump for a price reduction --> asking $2,700

18. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    All PM's replied to. Thanks for the offers - waiting to hear back!

19. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    This bass has sold, pending payment. Thanks for looking!

20. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    if whomever bought this is up for a sale or a trade, please PM me. i'm 100% interested and would love to work something out.