1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Groove Tubes and Aguilar Tube DIs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by pickles, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I've decided to use the DI on my Eden Navigator, so I'm offering up my external DIs for sale.

Groove tubes DITTO, in nice shape other than some surface wear on the top. Gain knob is a tiny bit scratchy, probably just needs to be cleaned. This is a very fat, round, warm sounding DI with a built in tube mic pre. It has lots of gain available and sounds killer. $225 + shipping.

Aguilar DB900, excellent shape other than some scratches on the top. Absolute butter, as smooth as it gets ... just a beautiful sounding DI. $315 + shipping.

Pics coming soon ...

2. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

Is the Ditto any smaller than the Brick? Or, are they on the same chasis? How much does it weigh?

Thanks...

3. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I think the DITTO and Brick are basically identical, other than the brick having a microphone input in case you wanted to use it as a pure mic pre instead of a DI. According to my bathroom scale its right about 5 lbs.

Here is the spec sheet on the DITTO: http://www.groovetubes.com/The_Ditto_Box_P1605.cfm

4. azwhofan

azwhofan Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Arizona
    Hi Pickles,
    not to derail the thread, but I always use the DI on my Nav when running a single cabinet with excellent results.

5. derelicte

derelicte

Dec 25, 2007
    NJ/NYC
  6. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Don't worry, I'm charging much less.

7. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    PM sent.

8. Do you know if the DB900 is the same exact DI that's in the DB750? Same? or add some more tube mojo?

9. GhettoBrassGuy

GhettoBrassGuy

Nov 27, 2002
    Simi Valley, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull, Lakland, Aguilar, JH Audio
    FWIW the Aguilar DB900 Tube DI is now discontinued. Someone snatch this up!

10. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I don't know if its the same as the DB750, but I can verify that it has massively tubey mojo. Its the cleaner and more modern of the two I'm selling, putting a touch of a scoop on the signal in just the right places (like all Sadowsky and Aguilar products seem to know how to do). It makes for a great all-around sound and one of the best direct slap sounds I've ever heard with a J-bass.

Still available.

11. superkicky

superkicky Guest

Sep 3, 2005
    still available?

12. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    The GT has been gone a while and I decided to hang on to the aggie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.