1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Hagstrom HB4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GassieBall, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Wild cherry transparent. See link for specs.

http://www.hagstromguitars.com/HB-4.html#

Still has plastic covering pickguard (that's why it looks yucky in the pic). Like new condition, except for one of the positions on the six-way selector switch is a little finicky. Seems to be a contact issue. The other five positions work fine. I don't feel like trouble shooting this now. :(

Usually goes for $485 new. Because of switch issue, asking only $300 shipped CONUS, Paypal, FS only (no trades).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Bumpage.

3. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Bumping again.

4. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Friday nite bump

5. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Cool looking bass. Wish we have dealers in Canada. Good luck selling it.

Fred

6. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    OBO Bumpage.

7. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Perhaps someone wants to trade something for this? Sort of looking for an MIM Jazz. :)

8. PMed

9. bassobrutto

bassobrutto Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    If still available, any word on how this thing actually sounds with those two beefy looking pickups? Playability? Comparison to other more familiar short scales? Worthy of Hagstrom name? I can't believe I am the only one who has never played or even seen one of these. Thanks.

10. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    I think you chose your words well. It's definitely beefy. When they are all on full, it's a very meaty USRDA sound. I think that's the main reason I'm letting it go. I'm more into the razor single coil jazz sound.

The neck is excellent. It's very playable and fast. IIRC, it has the H system truss that makes it very straight. I've never played a good condition "classic" Hagstrom, so I can't really comment. As far as comparisons to other shorties, that's a tough one because this is really in a class by itself as a short scale with a six-way switch to select options from the four coils of the humbuckers. I really don't know of any other shorties that can do that.

11. bassalo

bassalo

Jan 23, 2008
    CT
    Is this still available?

12. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Sorry, Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.