1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Handmade Clement 4-string Fretless w/CS, $375... TB's own Luthier

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ibz, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    This is a custom Clement Fretless Bass, number 26. These basses are completely hand-made by Talkbass’ own luthier tjclem.

Specs:
    · 34" scale
    · 1-5/8" at the nut
    · Lightweight Ash Body
    · The neck is made of Cherry and Bubinga
    · 20 "fret" Wenge fingerboard
    · Vintage bone nut
    · Bridge pup is a Seymour Duncan Basslines Stacked J
    · Vol./ Tone controls
    · Vintage Fender style bridge
    · Weighs only 7.5 lbs!
    · Balances nicely
    · Sturdy Hard Case

The body is finished with Tung oil for a nice feel. While the neck is finished with Tung oil and then 8 coats of Qualasole were rubbed into the back of the neck to give it a nice smooth non-sticky feel in your hands. Reeaally comfy feeling! This finish does not give it a high gloss lacquer look, but more of a soft glow. Neck is installed with a dual action, adjustable truss rod accessible from the body end. The fingerboard edges are slightly rounded over to make it a nice easy for a worn in, “aged” feel.

It is set up with LaBella 760N Black Nylon Tape Wound strings. Setup with medium/low action. This bass has a great fretless sound to it with lots of sustain and "mwaah." If you want to get an awesome handmade fretless, but can't justify spending $2,000 on a boutique bass this is for you. http://www.clementbass.com/

I’m asking $375 plus reasonable shipping to USA, Canada and beyond! I do my best to describe my items, but I’ll be happy to answer any questions.

DSCN2514.
    More Pics Soon
    Thank you for looking!

2. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Would love to see more photos. How would you describe the characteristic sound of the bass. Based on pickup placement, I would assume the sound would be edgier rather than upright-like?

3. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
  4. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Yes it does generally does sound more edgier, however I've found by adding the tapewounds it adds a good bit of warmth to the overall sound to balance out that J bass bridge character.

Now believe it or not, I also have a warmer bart pickup that I could sell as well and that give the bass another interesting tone. That pup, combined with the tone rolled back, and a neck plucking technique, and these tapewounds really start approaching an uprightish sound. No joke!

5. phallpdx

phallpdx

Jun 2, 2007
    If you go to the website they have a sound clip of this bass. Sounds good. Free bump.

6. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    PM'd

7. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    PM's replied, still here.

8. tjclem