1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Heartfield DR6C 6-er OHSC and Canarywood Top!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    $$$$$$ PRICE DROP TO $700 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

For sale is a Heartfield DR6C Bass with neckthrough body and canary wood top.

I absolutely love Heartfields and now own, and have owned several of them. A little history.

Heartfields were created and manufactured in Japan in the Fujigen factory by Fujigen itself. The brand was soon acquired by Fender (around 1990/1991) who was looking to expand their line of "design forward" instruments to compete with the likes of Ibanez, and other such brands that were devouring market share away from the more traditional designs of Fenders and Fender style guitars and basses.

These basses are some of my favorites to play and the best buy out there in "vintage." This bass features two noiseless jazz pickups designed by EMG, Volume, blend, tone and an on/off switch. In off mode the tone control is just that. In on mode the tone control is a mid sweep which creates that very active tone that Wal's are know for. Kind of an envelope filter type "mwah" as you sweep the frequencies. Like the Wal, this also features an XLR output jack as well as a standard ΒΌ” jack.

The tone of the bass itself is also incredible. The bass features a "tri-lam" neck which features a layer of graphite composite between the neck and fingerboards. This eliminates dead spots without sacrificing the warm tone of wood. The top wood is Canarywood which along with the neck thru design sound great and have a piano type ring to them on the highs and lows. And the mids on this bass are incredible thanks to the woods and electronics.

The bass is relatively lightweight, well balanced and has nice wide 19mm string spacing which is really great for a 6-er.

This bass is in good overall condition but does have some cosmetic issues. Thankfully there are not noticeable to your audience. There are some compression around the body edges as pictured but not to the raw wood given how strong the finish is. There is also some scratching on the back of the body, probably form a belt buckle. Again, not through the finish. Lastly and most significantly, there is a thin 2 inch strip of wood that was splintered off near the rear electronics cavity routing. There is also some slight wear in the hardware finish which you may be able to buff out. All are pictured.

The original knobs were replaced with Strat style numeral knobs as pictured but I have originals which I will include with the bass so you can have both sets.

Bass comes in original hard shell case which has slight warping/bending on the top and a slight crack (both pictured) but is otherwise in perfect shape and does a great job protecting the bass.

I am asking $775 OBO shipped in the CONUS for this bass which is a very fair price for this bass in this condition. A 5 string with a bolt on neck just sold on ebay recently for $800 plus shipping so this is a good price for a 6-er neck through!

If you are an international TB-er or otherwise outside the CONUS, please contact me first so we can see if a sale is feasible and on what terms.

Pics are below. Enjoy!

Thanks.

RBM

Picture012.
    Picture013.
    Picture014.
    Picture015.
    Picture016.
    Picture017.
    Picture018.
    Picture019.
    Picture020.
    Picture021.
    Picture022.
    Picture023.
    Picture024.
    Picture025.
    Picture026.
    Picture027.
    Picture028.
    Picture029.
    Picture030.
    Picture031.
    Picture032.
    Picture033.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Smokin'!:eek: I love a six string with single coils! PM sent.

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    PM replied. Thanks.

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP

5. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP

7. Laklandlover

Laklandlover Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA BABY
    bump for the smoking bass

8. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    To the tizzop

9. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump for offers

10. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    To the top for best offers- cash trade or combo. Thanks.

11. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP for price drop to $775!

12. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    What are you looking for in terms of trades?

13. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Something of equal or greater value that has a similar cool factor-- Musicman Stingray or Sterling, Warwick 4 strings with Wenge necks, older Steinbergers, other valuable MIJ basses.

I would also consider combo cash trade for anything cool but really like the following bases:

-Made in Japan Arias, Vantages, Westones, Electras, Hondo II's, etc.
    -Unlined fretless basses
    -Musicman SUBs
    -Japanese made Ibanez basses
    -Peavey G Basses

I DON'T need an amp or combo. Just basses. Would also consider partial trades for electric or acoustic guitars.

Thanks.

RBM

14. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Offers or trades? Worst I can say is no!

15. Scale, weight, balance - neck heavy? , much fret wear, action low?

Appreciate it - good luck with the sale/trade.

RJM

16. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Medium weight. Great balance, not neck heavy. No severe fretwear but I can get back with a more detailed in hand on monday (bass is at my office).

Action is now medium low but this bass can be set up very low.

Thanks.

17. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Still here. Anyone have an old Sterling (with string mutes) or a MIA Fender Jazz with S1 switching to trade?

18. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Price drop. Now $700 OBO shipped in OHSC to you anywhere in the CONUS. Thanks!

19. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    The I am perplexed that this is still here bump. The 4's and 5's sell like hotcakes on TB and the 6's are the highest closing prices of all the Heartfields on ebay. Considering any cash and cash/trade offers. I have other basses on the GAS list. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.