1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Hofner style Beatle Bass body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Marcus Willett, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    Had a project idea that I've since abandoned. I've got $60 in it, so I'd like to get that, but feel free to make offers, and to ask any questions. Decent shape, might need a little TLC here and there to get it fully up to speed...nice project if you're so inclined. PayPal only, buyer to pay shipping.

2. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    PM sent

3. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    BUMP

4. Any idea who manufactured this body? Is the neck pocket of standard fender dimensions, or would this require a custom neck heel?
    Also, any issues with the electronics, pickups, bridge etc?
    How does the back of the body look?
    Thanks

5. Pm'd!
    I'm interested!
    :D

6. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    It's definitely non-standard/Fender...would take a narrower neck, like the Hofner it's modeled after. Pocket is closer to 2" wide. AFAIK, electronics are good. Back is comparable to the front.

It's definitely something that would be a fairly involved project for someone but could also yield some pretty good results if approached right, IMO. Just don't have time and motivation right now.

EDIT: Gotten a few inquiries...a Fender spec neck is not going to work with this body without major mods

7. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Would like to move this last item of spring cleaning...any reasonable offer considered

8. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Could you get me an exact measurement of the neck pocket? I think I have a neck that'll fit this

9. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    (gets calipers out) it's 3.15" long by 1.97" wide

10. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Time to go measure the body I have to see if it matches up. From the looks of it, I've got the same bass. Or had it. Unfortunately mine's suffered from several body cracks.