1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: HOT WIRE DOUBLE BALL BLACK NYLON TAPEWOUND 5 STRING SET

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by PatO, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    These strings were used for about 2 weeks before I sold the bass they were on. I ordered them direct from Status-graphite. They are the hot wire tapewound.

the Guages are: 40,60,80,100,125 and they are black nylon coated.

I'll let them go for $35 shipped as I no longer have a headless bass for them.

2. pal1972

pal1972

Jan 19, 2009
    Ship to uk?

3. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    Does $40 shipped to the UK sound fair? It's a wee more expensive than Conus flat rate.

4. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    Bump.

5. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    $30 shipped ConUS

Who's got a headless bass that wants awesome tapewounds?

6. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    bump

7. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

May 10, 2006
    These are high quality strings! I've used the Hotwire black nylon tapewounds for years, currently on my Rob Allen Deep 4 fretless. Sounds like an upright bass! If you don't need the double balls, just clip them off one end and string 'em up on a standard bass.

Here's an acoustic recording of what they sound like at a jazz gig:

8. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    Are these sized for the 'original' Steinberger scale length, the Synapse, or something else ? What's the length between the balls ?

9. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    I had these on a steinberger spirit xz-25 that I sold. that bass was standard 34" scale. I'll measure these when I get home if you'd like.

I considered cutting the balls and using them on a different bass, but I like my rotosound rs88's better.

10. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    Yes, please.
    No hurry on my side, but I'll buy them if they'll fit a SYnapse.
    There's a whole thread here about how 'legacy' Steinberger strings don't fit Synapse's. If Rotosounds fit your Spirit, I think they may be too short to properly fit the Synapse...

It appears a Synapse string needs to be at least 35-1/2" long to fit. I'll measure the fretted one in the morning and have a better ideal of the exact 'original' length.

Thanks. Don't want you to have to jump through hoops but the Synapse's are turning out to be hard to fit...

11. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    The strings from ball to ball are just under 36"

I didn't use the rs88's on the steinberger. I'm not into the string adapter idea. I sold the headless bass and the buyer didn't want these strings.

12. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    and sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.