Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Ibanez ATK 300

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Brendan, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sold, thanks for playing.

Must be a record turn around time, but the fact is, I've got other things needing purchased, and already owning a Musicman Stingray, the 4 banger/Ray thing is already taken care of. Nearly the same color, even.

So, that said, this bad boy gets to head off to a home where it'll actually get used.

Anyway, this thing is in great shape. Very clean, no real scratches, dings, dens, or marrs in the finish. Could very easily sell for new.

Three piece maple neck with satin finish, ash body (with some decent figure) with a gloss amber finish. Weight is about the same as my Stingray. Sturdy 5 bolt construction, tight neck pocket. Frets are fine, neck is straight and true. 1.75"/45mm at the nut, with a beefy neck. Sort of like a Fender C neck. Feels great.

Chrome hardware, tuners are stable, turn smoothly, and stay in tune. Massive bridge apperature allows for neck through or top load stringing (great feature).

Comes with a hardshell case, a set of GHS Boomers and a set of MusicYo strings. (though the ones on there are still pretty new; brand unknown).

9v active electronics; Bass/Mid/Treble, and coil selector for the triple coil pickup. The big question everyone has is: does it sound like a Stingray? Well, having one to compare it to, I gotta say "Sorta." Is it obviously copping a Stingray? Yes, but it's a result of the pickup type and placement. It's on the same block, but not in the same building as a Ray. However, I feel that the added versatility of the triple coil pickup offsets this.

Great bass, no matter how you slice it.

More pics available at (and can be taken on request): http://photobucket.com/albums/y115/TheBaronOmerta/ATK/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$350 + shipping to continental United States.

Okay, I take that back, trades I'm interested in:
    Spector NS2000/4 (Korean neck through)
    Peavey Rockmaster w/footswitch + cash
    Electric solidbody Guitar, or guitar + cash. Telecasters welcome.

2. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Supporting Member

PM Sent

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh hold, pending sale.