Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Ibanez ATK 305 with Bartolini Preamp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by eqvolvorama, Oct 8, 2004.

1. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Okay, I have a marriage coming up, and as a condition to this arrangement, I need to "thin the herd" considerably of all bass-related products. Normally I wouldn't consent to such nonsense, but I really need the tax-break, so here we go.

First for sale is my mid-90s Ibanez ATK 305 bass. This is possibly one of the best looking pieces of wood I've ever seen, but the fifth string scares and confuses me, so I hardly ever play it. Four years ago I replaced the internal preamp with a bartolini BTC (think that's right, can confirm) and it gave the bass a LOT more bite. So much, that I usually have to bump the bass knob to get a more traditional tone.

Included in the deal is a nice padded gig bag. I'm asking $300 plus shipping.

More pictures of the bass, as well as other stuff I'm selling, can be found at http://www.pbase.com/danroche/bass_stuff_for_sale
    . I've removed the pickguard to show off the wood, but I still have the original piece of black plastic and all screws saved and secured.

Thanks a lot,
    Dan

2. What model BB is pictured?

3. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Hey. It's the Yamaha BB1000MA, which I JUST posted a new for sale notice for. Man you guys respond fast.

4. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    bumpity bump

5. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Do you still also have the oiginal preamp for the ATK?

6. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Jugghaid,

I'll have to check to see if I do. It would be in a drawer at home if so. Tommorrow I'll know for sure.

The bass still makes use of the 3-way pickup switch for parallel, series, single coil. The only difference is that the old mid-knob is just for show - the bass and treble knobs now control the bartolini preamp inside.

Thanks,
    Dan

7. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Cool. Lemme know, I'm definitely interested.

8. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Okay, some personal distractions took me away from talkbass for a while, but I'm back, and a bass I was trying to sell a couple of months ago is STILL available.

Reprinted tag line:

First for sale is my mid-90s Ibanez ATK 305 bass. This is possibly one of the best looking pieces of wood I've ever seen, but the fifth string scares and confuses me, so I hardly ever play it. Four years ago I replaced the internal preamp with a bartolini BTC it gave the bass a LOT more bite. So much, that I usually have to bump the bass knob to get a more traditional tone.

Included in the deal is a nice padded gig bag. I'm asking $300 plus shipping.

More pictures of the bass, as well as other stuff I'm selling, can be found at http://www.pbase.com/danroche/bass_stuff_for_sale
    . I've removed the pickguard to show off the wood, but I still have the original piece of black plastic and all screws saved and secured.

Thanks a lot,
    Dan

9. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    bump.

10. Jack Rackham

Jack Rackham

Nov 3, 2004
    Dan, I travel through Arlington alot and wonder if I could stop and check this one out. I'm a Stingray lover and might be interested.

11. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia

Jack,

Sure thing. Shoot me an email at danrocheinkuwait@yahoo.com and let me know when you may be coming through. I live close to the East Falls Church Metro station.

12. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    so, is the original preamp also available?

13. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Unfortunately, the original preamp is no longer available. I am still looking for it in my bag of electronics stuff, but so far have been unable to find it.