1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS-Ibanez ATK305AM Amber finish, brass nut, Etc.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by .BumeStik., Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    Hey all. I just got a line on 2 RD 505's, and I'd rather have the RD in a 5 String, so here is the ATK305AM I Just bought a couple weeks ago.
    I LITERALLY just had work done on it, including a full set up, frets leveled, recrowned, and Polished, a Brass nut built and installed, and I built a .093" Clear Plexi Glass pick guard for it. The stock pickguard is black and hides the grain underneath, plus it was a bit warped for some reason.I still have the Original and will send it with also. I will admit, I id screw up and drilled one hole a bit wrong and had to elongate it on the Plexi guard. You can't really see it though. I have NO TOOLS, so I built the guard by hand with a dremel, files, and sandpaper. The flash in the pics make it look swirly, but it's not. I polished it last night.

The bass itself is in decent shape. Super solid, but has a ding, swirl, and surface scratch here and there. The Truss rod cover is a bit bowed in the middle(I don't think it is the stock truss rod cover).
    Other than that, I don't know what else to say. I just dropped some $$$ into her, and now I am selling her....
    002-2.
    003-1.
    004-1.
    006-2.
    008-1.
    Asking $250 + Shipping in CONUS.
    Hey all. REGRETTING THIS ALREADY.... PULING IT before I get an Offer... THANKS EVERYONE. LOCK THREAD PLEASE!!

2. sixway

sixway Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Kailua, Hawaii
    This is indeed a very fair price on this bass, and if the seller is willing to use US Post Office Priority Mail, the shipping can be around $30-$40... but I think UPS ground would be in the same shipping cost area as well....

If that was a Lefty, I'd have already bought it for this price!:cool:

3. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    Thanks for the Info Sixway! I will ship HOWEVER the buyer wants it shipped, reasonably, of course. :smug: Is it that Cheap to ship USPS Priority???:eek: I don't ship stuff this big and thought UPS would be the only way to go!! :help:

I should have said above that I DO have a Hard Case that I will include in that price if you want it shipped in the hard case. Inside of the case is good (it's not Made for the ATK, but it fits Fine), but the tolex on the outside is a bit worn. HEAVY case too. Will add a Little to Shipping cost.
    009-1.

4. sixway

sixway Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Kailua, Hawaii
    ATK Geoph - you can go to www.usps.com, click on calculate price, and in the #4 category look for "large package, anything over 12".... I use it al the time when I want sellers to send me packages from the mainland to Hawaii.

UPS ground is still good in the continental US though - it just isn't cost effective to Hawaii.... (ground being the operative word here..... :) )

5. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    Thanks again, Sixway. So, I measured and weighed (bathroom scale) the Bass INSIDE THE Hard case and it come out around 50x15x5 and about 23.6lbs. I rounded up to 25lbs. for the box and packing material. To Ship to New York (I figured that would be the MOST EXPENSIVE scenario) it came out $67.05 for USPS Priority and $41.93 for UPS GROUND.
    So, thanks to the help from Sixway, there is a rough Shipping estimate!
    *** Just remember, if you are CLOSER to Washington State than New York, it will be Cheaper than This! :)

6. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    this bass is worth the cash--I had the 4 of this and same deal the black PG kinda of warped and bubbled out--weird. Cool bass for whoever gets it!

7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    OP, did you buy this from a TB'er in Georgia? I had one just like this that I sold to a young man named Justin Tuskey, I think. $250 is a dang good deal, and I may send you a Paypal in the morning if I can swing it.

8. Hi! Would you consider shipping this beauty to Argentina, via USPS?

9. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    Hey Dr. Cheese! I got this Bass from a guy in the U-District of Seattle, WA. I am just South of Seattle. I bought this Bass less than 3 weeks ago. He did say he was the 2nd owner, though. The guy I got it from said he only bought it to "Fart Around" with the Bass because he is a Guitar player.
    I asked what he knew of the Original owner and he said the guy told him he purchased new in the mid 90's, but that was all he could remember the guy telling him... Hope this helps! :)

10. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    That is weird.... I think the holes must have been drilled a little bit off and they just Warp after time??:eyebrow:

11. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    Argentina??? Would you have to pay more for shipping than the Bass is worth??? :eyebrow: I Suppose I could if you wanted to pay for it...:eek: I'll look into it more in the morning and see what I can come up with for a shipping cost.;) Thank for the interest!

12. rojo412

rojo412 Walnut is fun! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    That's a lot of awesome for not a lot of cash. Man, do I wish I could swing this one! These are killer basses. Would make a great backup to my MM. But alas... no GAS money left. :bawl:

GLWTS!

13. I know, I'm afraid that shipping cost can be higher than the bass itself, but when you consider that ATK are almost non-existant here, and that when you find one you must pay around U$S1000 or more for one if it ever shows up, you shurely will understand my interest. It's really hard to get some decent instrument here, and really expensive.

Besides that fact (and it's not a minor fact) your ATK looks georgeous, I must say.

I would really appreciate if you can give me some idea about the shipping cost: I'm prepared for the bad news, so don't you worry if you have to say no! (sadly I'm used to it).

I'll be waiting for your answer, and thanks in advance!

Regards,

Pablo

14. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    Hey Pablo. I had to look out of Morbid Curiosity....:eek:
    USPS says they "DO NOT have a service to ship to the desired location" by using the online postage calculator.
    UPS DOES list it. I picked Buenos Aires cause I kinda know where that is. The CHEAPEST From Washington State to Buenos Aires is $696.43 USD!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY C!@#!!!

From the UPS Website:

Showing Retail Rates Results For:
    KENT, 98042, UNITED STATES to BUENOS AIRES, 1000, ARGENTINA
    Print
    Service Time Cost
    (All Packages)
    UPS Worldwide Saver
    Latest Pickup Time:
    6:30 P.M. Monday
    July 30, 2012
    Schedule by :
    5:30 P.M.
    Delivered By:
    By End of Day Wednesday
    August 1, 2012
    Guaranteed
    756.24 USD *

UPS Worldwide ExpeditedSM
    Latest Pickup Time:
    6:30 P.M. Monday
    July 30, 2012
    Schedule by :
    5:30 P.M.
    Delivered By:
    By End of Day Friday
    August 3, 2012
    Guaranteed
    696.43 USD *

I am Sorry Brother. That REALLY SUCKS....:spit::bawl:

15. Yeah, I agree... it sucks. It's pretty much expensive than it was, say, a year ago.

Don't you worry: as I said before, I'm used to this. But somehow this is the final blow to my intentions to get a new instrument. I'm tired of having to pay a fortune for a couple of strings, so imagine what can be to pay for a new bass here, if you can find some relatively affordable or useful instrument here.

You guys are really lucky in sharing this space, and amongst other advantages have access to used instruments at reasonable prices. I do not want just another bass, I want merely a decent instrument to continue playing without having to mortgage my house for it, but it seems to be downright impossible!

Your ATK is a gret nice bass, and a cool instrument: I wish you luck in the sale, and the best for the future owner, I'm shure he will love it.

And especially thank you for your willingness to answer, and to have considered the option of sending it to me. I appreciate it a lot.

Warmest regards from Buenos Aires,

Pablo

16. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    NO worries, Pablo. Hope you find what your looking for.... :)

17. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    Hey all. I was up ALL NIGHT Regretting Posting this. I am PULLING IT before I get an Offer. THANKS AND SORRY. LOCK THREAD PLEASE!
    Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.