1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Ibanez BTB455QM - Near Mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Eublet, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I have a near mint Ibanez BTB455QM with a transparent black finish. I've had this bass for 5 or 6 months, and it has been my go-to bass while I've been waiting on a custom order fiver from Pete Skjold. I'm still a bit hesitant to sell this one because it has been such a great bass, but this has been my plan all along, so I'm making myself follow through.

I will ship it in a padded Warwick Rock Back or a HSC...your choice!!!!

It has recently been restrung with DR High Beams that have about 3-4 hours of playing time, so they still sound very bright and slightly broken in.

$375 including shipping and the Rock Bag or HSC in the 48 States. That is a GREAT price for this instrument with the bag and new strings.

Pictures below.

UPDATE! I've recorded some sound clips! PM me an email address and I'll forward them to you.

2. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Here are a few more pictures that were taken recently in the studio where I used this bass to record a new album. That's how great it sounds.

You can tell a bit from these shots that the bass is more black than the first pictures I took above. It is a Transparent Black finish.

3. $300?

4. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Another picture of me with this bass in the studio...

5. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    A couple people have asked me about this bass vs. the 405 and 555 BTB's.

The 455 (mine) has Bartolini pickups, and a basswood body.

The 405 has Ibanez pups, and is a little less expensive. The Ibby pups aren't as warm sounding (IMO) as the Barts. They're a little more harsh, and have that boomy bottom end that Ibanez is often loved and hated for. The Barts are more even, with a softened high end that's crisp but not brittle. More organic IMO, but that's why I bought the 455 instead of the 405, so naturally I'm going to say that. :D

The 555 has the same electronics as the 455, but has a mohogany body and flamed maple top. It's a little more ornate, and is a bit more pricey. The mahogany body gives it a darker, smoother tone than the 455. Some prefer that. The 455 is a bit more low-mid aggressive and a little sharper on the attack. The 555 is a real looker, but the tone of the mahogany body turned me off to it.

Hope that helps! It's all personal preference, but that's my take on it. I tried them all out before buying this one.

I just recorded some very rough clips of this bass if anyone wants to listen, just PM me an email address.

6. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    35" scale?

7. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Yes, and quite comfy IMO.

8. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Bump

go to www.myspace.com/romanstreet

All clips there are on our newest album, which were recorded with this bass through a Genz Benz Neo-pak, setup for a bit of tube grind.

9. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Bump

10. Interested in a Fender FSR Ash Jazz Bass?

11. ted burik

ted burik Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    Hi Jason:

PM sent.

Ted

12. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Sorry for the delays guys! Busy weekend. All PM's replied to.

13. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Bump. Nibblers welcome, but I'm looking for a bite!

14. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    On hold - Trade pending!

15. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Traded!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.