1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: IBANEZ PROMETHEAN P5210 500 WATT 2X10 COMBO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by retrosynth, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retrosynth

retrosynth Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Maryland
    In mint condition with custom heavy duty synthetic leather cover. Looks and sounds fantastic. My favorite 210 cab ever. Detachable 500 watt class D amp head with tons of tone shaping controls. Ships in the original box. $600 shipped in CONUS. PM your email address and I will send a Paypal invoice. Check out my stellar TB feedback!

Here's the scoop from Ibanez:

Boldly creative and defiantly original, the Promethean delivers power, portability and high fidelity. The Promethean head features a built-in graphic EQ and the unique footswitch-accessible VIBE control for rapid changes between modern and vintage tones.

The Promethean is considered a Class D amp. During the operation of a Class D amp, the circuitry is switched either on or off, rather than operated in linear mode. This technology allows for its light-weight and compact nature, without sacrificing power.

With the simple removal of four screws, you can detach the head completely from the cabinet, for a completely transportable amp head, small enough to fit in a briefcase or backpack, so you can plug into a bigger cabinet somewhere else. Always have your sound with you.

The Vibe control offers tones found on vintage passive basses. With this control, you can engage a crisp edge, and keep the fat mid sound pumping through. Plenty of presence and clarity can be achieved with dialing in the vibe control. This gives you the ability to use all the other EQ levels independently and then add a little top-end sheen or a thick, meaty low. Weighs in at just under 55 lb!
    Features
    500w Combo,
    2 x 10" Speakers
    HF dome tweeter with passive crossover
    6 band graphic EQ with bass and treble shelving tone control
    Detachable head
    High Quality peak limiting circuit
    Vibe (Color) Control (from vintage to modern sound
    Mute switch
    Aux input, Headphone out, Balanced XLR output with ground lift
    Tuner out
    13.1"W x 30.3"H x 14.8"D

2. retrosynth

Oct 23, 2010
    Maryland
    Stock Photos!

Attached Files:

3. retrosynth

Oct 23, 2010
    Maryland
  4. retrosynth

Oct 23, 2010
    Maryland
  5. retrosynth

Oct 23, 2010
    Maryland

Attached Files:

6. How does it do with notes below the low G, especially getting down into B string range?

7. I use mine with my lakland 55-02 and it handles the B string nicely, a highly under rated amp, surprizingly loud.

Peace
    Dave

8. PM sent

9. retrosynth

Oct 23, 2010
    Maryland
    PM replied

10. Deal pending, see you tomorrow!

11. retrosynth

Oct 23, 2010
    Maryland
    Local deal pending!

12. Sold, thanks Ken for selling me a great amp!

13. retrosynth

Oct 23, 2010
    Maryland
    Thanks! Enjoy your Promethean. They are AWESOME!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.