1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Ibanez RKB900 (absolutely no trades)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Marcus, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for sale is my RKB900.

I have had this bass since it was blown out from Musicians Friend in late 2004. Since then I've had this bass at Berklee, and gigged with it throughout the east coast. Heck, I even started a club touting how great this bass was. I never thought I would have to sell this but fall semester is approaching and I find myself in need of money for tuition.

I'll spare you why I like this bass. If you are curious about it though, I suggest checking out Harmony Central, and even Bass Player's review. This bass was made in Japan and is a Prestige level bass. It is discontinued as well. These are hard to come by. It has a traditional body shape, maple neck and board (with slight figuring), Seymour Duncan passive P/J pickups, a Badass II bridge, Hipshot Ultralights and a beautiful burst finish over a nice alder body. The grain on the back is among the nicest I have seen. The pick guard definitely shows some pick scratches and a slightly cleaner area where a decal used to be. Aside from that, the only other imperfection was a slight hairline crack in the finish that was difficult to photograph by the lower horn.

I am looking for $450.00 shipped in the U.S. The bass will ship in a nice (sturdy) padded ESP gig bag that I recently acquired on a trip to Japan.

I hate to sell this, but I really have to. I prefer Pay Pal.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    This is a beautifully constructed bass made of top shelf components. If you bought a bass like this from Fender (MIA) or Skyline, you would easily be out of $1,100-$1,500. If a great passive P/J is whaT you want, you cannot do better than this bass from Marcus.

3. Thank you for the kind words, Doc, they are much appreciated.

4. BellBottomBlues

BellBottomBlues

Feb 21, 2007
    New York
    Endorser:Fender User:Rotosound, LaBella, Ashdown, Lindy Fralin
    If I could, I'd just give you $450 so you could keep such a nice bass

5. Thats really kind of you to say. I do wish I could keep it, but you know how it is when it comes to paying bills.

6. A friend of my Son has one of these. It's beat to death but plays and sounds soooooooooooo good!! Awesome bass for the $$$$ :bassist:

7. Thanks for the interest, guys. I am now waiting on an e-check to clear so it looks like it is sold.

8. Tentative congragulations on the quick sale, Marcus. We used to talk about how great these were and what a marketing disaster Ibanez had on their hands (seriously, a BJ of a BP review and they still can't move units?!?) when we both owned them, but ironically now neither of us do for various reasons (yours financial, my ultimately not liking the Bassline Quarter Pounder setup with my rig and style of playing).

I sometimes still wish I could have kept ahold of it and swapped out the pickups, but I'm trying (and succeeding) to reduce my "collection" down to a few higher-end instruments rather than a multitude of good, solid basses and in the end it was for the best for me. I hope it's the same for you.

...but I can certainly say I've learned something from talking to you. My Spector ReBop 5 DLX FM custom fretless is still under order and won't likely make it over here from their Czech Factory for several months (a custom spray that PJ is doing as a favor, and once that's done and glossed it has to await shipment, as they only do one a month) and I'm already on HG Thor's waiting listing for a gloss coating. ;) I've experienced the more "natural" finish that I have on my current fretless with no regrets, but I'd like to try out the epoxy finish "full-time" that I've only gotten a chance to fiddle about with on Pedullas. So thanks for dropping his name to me, and best of luck with the funds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.