1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Ibanez SDGR SR 1206 Neck Thru Quilt Maple Top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dirk Diggler, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    ---===SOLD===---

I have for sale here my Ibanez Sound Gear SR 1206. I believe it's a '94 perhaps from what I can tell by online dating. Neck Thru 24 frets with original pickups ADX6 and original active electronics. A nice thick quilt maple top considering how thin this is. Nice lightweight bass, thin typical Ibanez neck. Nice straight neck with low action and a brand new set of DR Extra Life Peacock Blue strings. The frets are in good shape and plays fine with low action. You can listen to some sound samples I threw together here. I just recorded flat direct into my sound card, no processing, just direct honest sound.

I had a couple questions that I figured I should answer for everyone to see.
    Q) How much does it weigh?
    A) 10 Lbs. Even.

Q) What is the string spacing?
    A) 17mm center to center

Q) Is there any neck dive?
    A) Absolutely not, the strap button is at the 12th fret. In my own building designs that is where I build my upper wings to.

The only bad thing I can say is there is some good buckle scrapes on the back that you can see in the one picture. I don't know what the previous owner was thinking or wearing. But luckily you'll be the only one to ever see that. It was tough to get the pictures right, but at the right angle I was able to get it.
    As you can see by the other pictures it's not easy to see in the other pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Considering how nice and unique the top is on this bass, I would like to give it away for $650 shipping anywhere to the continental US included. Of course the molded case is also included. I have nothing but good feedback on Ebay and my nickname there is dirkfz. Feel free to contact anyone I have dealt with here.

Any questions feel free to contact me.
    Dirk

2. Dirk Diggler

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Bump for Price Reduction. Now $650 shipped to continental US.

3. BigNoise

BigNoise

Nov 19, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    You are KILLING me with this bass!!!

4. GregBlach

GregBlach

Mar 5, 2009
    Denmark
    Would you accept bids from Europe?

5. Dirk Diggler

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Thanks for all your interest.
    Sorry for the murder BigNoise. :)

I do have this bass on hold waiting for payment.

If the deal does not go through I would consider sending it out of the country, just be warned though shipping and duty would be expensive.

Thanks again,
    Dirk

6. ronros

ronros

Mar 30, 2009
    heaven
    wow!!this is beauty! up for this.:]

7. I certainly wouldn't be posting this if Dirk hadn't found a buyer for his 1206, but since he has I'll take the opportunity to let anyone who missed out on his know that I'll be putting my 1996 SR-1206 for sale as soon as I can get some nice pictures of it - hopefully by the end of the week at latest. It's extremely close to Dirk's bass, but with Black as opposed to Gold hardware and thicker neck stringers (all changes by Ibanez between the '95 and '96 model years). Anyone interested can drop me a PM, and congratulations on the sale of your bass! :D

8. Dirk Diggler

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Well much to my surprise the buyer flaked that I was holding this bass for. So that's good news for you, it's back up for sale. I'm not going to put it on hold again, the first person to pay gets it now.
    Any questions let me know.
    Dirk

9. Wow! this is a sweet bass! I'm looking for an sr3005 but this has got my attention..hmm i'm going to think today...

10. Dirk Diggler

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Another Bump,
    and yes thanks it is sweet. I've never seen another one with a top like this.
    Dirk

11. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The neck looks wide for an Ibanez. What is the string spacing on this bass?

12. Dirk Diggler

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Hello Dr. Cheese, it's 17 mm spacing center to center at the bridge. As with most Ibanez it's a nice thin/fast back of the neck and really not that wide feeling at all.

I just measured the fingerboard and it is 8.5 cm at the 24th fret, 5.5 cm at the nut.
    Any other questions let me know.
    Dirk

13. MStrianese

MStrianese

Jul 26, 2008
    New York
    Beautiful

14. Dirk Diggler

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    A bump for your Sunday.