Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Ibanez SR500, Bartolini's w/gigbag, $425 + shipping!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by phogchris, Nov 14, 2005.

1. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I bought this bass about 1 month ago new and just don't like the sound of the Bart's...great for slap, jazz, and many other styles. I feel they lack the sound for rock, which is what the bands I play for are looking for. The finish is very easy to scratch, but its only noticeable if you hold the bass in the light. The mahogany is very soft. There is a wear spot were I did some popping near the G-string, but the flash is making it more obvious than it really is. The bass has the original Elixir's on it and they sound new. Here are the rest of the specs:

SR4 neck
    5pc Wenge/ Bubinga Neck Material
    Mahogany Body
    24/Medium frets
    Rosewood Finger Board
    Accu-Cast B20 bridge
    Bartolini MK1-4 Neck PU
    Bartolini MK1-4 Bridge PU
    Abalone Oval Inlay
    CK : Hardware Color
    Bartolini MK1 3-Band

I really do like the playability of the bass, and if I were playing jazz or funk or something lighter in style, this bass would be perfect. But for now, I am looking for something else. I would entertain trades on any 4 string basses, in particular Peavey Cirri, Spector's, and maybe an Ibanez SRX. As stated in the title, I will sell it outright for $425 + shipping and will include a very nice, thick G&L gigbag.

Attached Files:

2. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    bump, any offers before ebay??

3. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Going to ebay Wednesday...bump...