1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Ibanez SR500 SM

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by timber22, Sep 28, 2013.

1. timber22

timber22 Supporting Member

Ibanez SR500 with spalted maple brownburst top. Beautiful bass that plays and sounds great. Bart Mk1 pickups. 3 band active EQ with the mid-frequency switch.
    I picked this up a few months ago but never gigged it. I recently bought two basses that have been on my GAS list so something has to go. I've always been more of a passive P-bass guy. Great condition. No blemished at all on the front or the neck. The wood grain on this instrument is gorgeous. A few very small scratches on the lower back edge that are not through the finish and hard to find unless you are looking . I captured them in the pics.
    This may be the lightest and best balanced bass I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. 7 lbs on the dot using digital bathroom scale method. My aging back and shoulder will probably hate me for selling it.

$450 shipped CONUS well packed and in a like-new Guardian gig bag with the tags still on it. Let's try $430.

100_5174_zps2a784d13.
    100_5179_zps642bcb7a.
    100_5175_zpse7e54577.
    100_5176_zps4dc1605f.
    100_5178_zpsa45bfec2.
    100_5177_zps39d5b580.

2. timber22

Price drop to $430.

3. timber22

TTT

4. timber22

Amp trades will be considered.

5. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I had an older version of these in 90s. Very great basses for the cash. I abused mine too much, unfortunately.

Great price and if you're feeling saucy, swapping some Nordstrand Big Singles will take it to another level, but I still think the Bart MKs sound great, too.

Good luck!

6. timber22

Thanks drnknmstr. It is a really nice instrument. Comfortable to play, and sounds great.

7. timber22

bump

8. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    If you decide to trade it, pm me and let me know.

9. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    Bump for a great TBer to deal with. Personal friend and all around great guy.

10. p12bassnut

p12bassnut Be wierd Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2009
    DFW Metroplex
    Pm'd

11. timber22

PM's answered. Looks like it might be sold.