1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Ibanez SR505

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by khutch, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    I have decided to sell the Ibanez SR505 that I bought new in March of this year. I practiced with it exclusively for a couple of months and struggled to become happy with five strings. Then on a whim I tried tuning my four-banger in fifths to get the same range and quickly fell in love with that concept which meant the Ibanez began to gather dust. I don't see myself using the Ibanez again so I would like to sell it to make room for another fifths tuned four. It is in like new condition, it has the original Elixir strings and an Ibanez detachable backpack gig bag. I am asking $400 shipped or $350 for a local pickup (northwest suburban Chicago). PayPal is fine.

Thanks for your consideration,

Ken Hutchinson

IMG_20120630_083705.
    IMG_20120630_083725.
    IMG_20120630_083738.
    IMG_20120630_083814.
    IMG_20120630_083828.
    IMG_20120630_083850.
    IMG_20120630_083901.
    IMG_20120630_083916.
    IMG_20120630_084234.
    IMG_20120630_084257.

2. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    Bump for The Player's Bench! Best music store in the area- great bunch of guys. GLWTS!

3. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    Player's Bench is indeed a great shop. They have a friendly and knowledgeable staff like pretty much every store of any kind had back in the 1960's and before, but without the "Fair Trade Law" high prices. Don't know how they manage to do it but they compete pretty well with Guitar Center unless you need something like a clarinet or a trumpet mouthpiece: GC isn't even in the running for those kinds of things. Does GC sell didgeridoos?? ;)

Well worth a visit if you live in the area.

Ken

4. Deepwoods

Deepwoods Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    How much does this weigh please? Nice bass.

5. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    I do not know the weight off hand, I will try to get that to you tonight. The Ibanez SRs are noted for being lightweights and it certainly is noticeably lighter than my Fender Deluxe Active Jazz.

Ken

So, my wife's electronic kitchen scale says the SR505 weighs 7 lbs, 7 oz. That is with strings and battery but no strap.

6. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    I realize the concern over buying an expensive item from someone with no sales history and therefore no feedback. We all have to start somewhere though and while I could buy/sell a few cheap items here to get some feedback history I'm not sure how that would guarantee to anyone that I could be trusted on an expensive transaction. ;) I see that the Guitar Center near me is having another used equipment buy/sell event later this week so if I can't get a buyer here I will just take what GC will give me and move on. But until then, if anyone here is interested I will sell this bass for $300, local pickup or you pay actual shipping.

Ken

7. David_70

David_70

Mar 28, 2012
    Bump for nice, like-new guitar at fair price. You can't go wrong at this price. GLWTS.

8. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    *SOLD*

Thanks everyone who looked or asked questions!

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.