Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS in UK: Wal Custom 4-string fretted

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by JamesTheFenderGuy, Jan 25, 2001.

1. JamesTheFenderGuy

JamesTheFenderGuy

Jan 25, 2001
    As subject,

Wal Custom 4-String Fretted
    Fitted Wal Case
    Mahogany Body
    Indian Rosewood Fretboard
    Schedua Facings

Great Condition

£850

Located in Leicester, UK (That's United Kingdom, folks)

2. Saint

Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    Interesting. Any particular reason you are selling? Also, do you have any pictures you could e-mail?

3. JamesTheFenderGuy

JamesTheFenderGuy

Jan 25, 2001
    Hi!

I'm trying to get some pictures taken this weekend, as there are a couple of people interested. I'll post them when they're done.

Selling for the usual reason - need cash/space! Sure I'll regret later on as well...

You do realise that I live in the United Kingdom don't you?

Thanks

James

4. Saint

Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    I do realize that you live in the UK (posting the price in quid was a dead giveaway). Unfortunately for us Americans, that's where most Wal basses tend to reside.

How would you describe the feel of the neck --particularly compared to your Ric? My understanding is that Wal necks are rather fat and that is a cause for some concern as my hands are quite small.

5. JamesTheFenderGuy

JamesTheFenderGuy

Jan 25, 2001
    Hi Saint

Sorry, didn't mean to patronise you, just had trouble previously, with people not realising my location until after a lot of correspondance!!!

The neck? I always struggle to describe these things, but here goes.

The fingerboard is very flat, whereas the Rick has more of a radius. The neck isn't as fat as some 4-strings. My Precision is very worn, and has recently been refretted, and a result the neck has quite a radius. I mention this because the Wal seems similar to the Precision, but with a flat fingerboard, which has no dead spots, which is a revelation compared to the Fender! String spacing is similar to the Fender / a StingRay, the Rick is certainly narrower, and the neck slightly thinner.

I'm not very good at describing these things, I'm afraid. There is a club on Yahoo! clubs called "Wal Basses Naturally", and the people there have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things Wal related, so you might want to check there..

Cheers

James