1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: JAF Minuteman custom 4-string, fretted

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mlwarriner, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    OK, as much as it pains me to do this, I'm putting my JAF on the block. I want...no, I NEED a Ric 4003. Since my trade thread didn't work, I'm going to offer it up for a straight sale.

body construction is walnut/mahogany/walnut. bolt-on neck is 5-piece maple and purpleheart with a ziricote fretboard and a walnut headstock laminate. EMG 35dc pickups with the EMG BTC System, 18-volt preamp. controls are volume/pickup blend/stacked treble and bass. tuners are 3 gotoh and 1 hipshot d-tuner. i've also got the original gotoh tuner. mono-rail bridges, dunlop straplocks.

the bass is in near mint condition, with no obvious blemishes, dings, or scratches. finish is tung oil with warwick wax over that. includes an SKB Freedom hardshell case.

the only trade that i'm interested in is a Ric 4003 in similar condition. i might be swayed on cosmetics, but everything must be 100% functional, and it must include either a hardshell case or high-end gigbag. i would strongly prefer Jetglo, but i might be persuaded into another color...try me.

see my next post for pics. high-resolution versions of these pics, as well as more detailed pics if needed, are available through email. shoot me a PM with your address, and i'll send you some pics.

2. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    DSCF0707.

DSCF0706.

DSCF0704.

DSCF0710.

DSCF0709.

DSCF0708.

for a better history of JAF Basses, visit www.jafbasses.com or talk to Al (bassmanatlarge) over at the harmony central or ebassist.com forums.

3. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    i suppose a price would help, huh? :duh:

i'm looking to get out of it exactly what i've got in it.

$1,000.

also, will ship at your expense. exact charges only. i'll get you a quote on shipping, and if it comes up to be less, i'll refund the difference. willing to ship internationally.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That's nice!

5. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA

indeed it is. but. i've got another one on the way, and i realy really really really really really really really really really really want a ric. so this one needs to leave.

6. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Is that some sort of fine tuner on the E string?

7. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA

it's a hipshot d-tuner. adjustable to drop the tuning of the string 1 whole step.

8. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Bump for a fantastic bass. If you don't know about JAF basses, you need to. Trust me. :)

This is comparable to any high end custom $2000+ instrument out there and would probably cost that much to have made now.

9. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    back to the top, if you please.

10. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    SOLD! (pending payment and shipping)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.