1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Jay Turser JTB-2B/VS Hofner Violin Bass Clone

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by krovx, Mar 14, 2010.

1. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    100_0860.gif

More photos:http://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee321/krovx/Violin Bass/

SOLD!

I bought this used from a guy who said it was stored in his humidity controlled studio. Whatever, the thing was very dirty and hadn't looked played in years. I took a few days cleaning it up and I put some Fender flats on it and she sounds damn good! Plays well, but probably could use a setup tweak and since I am not familiar with this style of bass I haven't tried changing anything.

There is everything to like about this bass. Great clone on the Hofner violin bass. Great resonance, beautiful binding and paint job. I would say she is a 8/10 due to some scratches in the finish and a crack in the paint where the neck joins the body. ( I have tried showing this in a few of the photos in the gallery.) It is exceptionally light, short scale (32") so she is very easy to play. I just don't like it. I am use to a heavy Jazz or Stingray. I have used her for two performances and she stayed in tune and the group complemented my tone.

I am asking 220.00 shipped. I do not have a case for it, but if you would provide the funding one could be bought. At the moment I am not interested in any trades.

Feel free to ask any questions or additional photo requests.

2. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    100_0865.gif

3. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    100_0879.gif

4. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Bump, let me know if you have any interest or offers. Maybe interested in trading towards a telecaster

5. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Is there anybody out there Bump

6. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    bumperoo!

7. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    PM replied

8. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    SOLD!

9. masterFlash

masterFlash

Jul 6, 2009
    detroit
    Thanks Krovk!!!
    I am eagerly awaiting :hyper:

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020