1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Jazz Bass body, fretless neck, Villex pickups, parts 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Marcus Willett, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    OK, this is available as a complete project bass, or I'll part it out. Either way, I just need to divest myself of stuff.

Body is a Fender Jazz "boner". I had an MM style pickguard (this also helps cover up some unconventional routing experiments...you will NOT be able to use this body without the pickguard) made, and a chrome cover added as well to complete the look.* Neck pocket was widened to accommodate a Carvin 5 string neck...

...which is a 5 string Carvin fretless neck with lines. Ebony fingerboard, with black tuners.

*chrome cover was also needed to cover pickup rout which was originally routed for a double J type. [DEL]I instead ended up using Villex pickups...

...which are reverse P type (B/E closer to bridge, A/D/G closer to neck) style, which IMO helps balance the tone. These were a custom order, EMG 40 sized[/DEL].
    PICKUPS SOLD

[DEL]Wired to a Bartolini preamp....

...which is the NTMB (V/B/T/M/B) setup with active/passive pull pot on volume and mid shift pull pot[/DEL]. PREAMP SOLD

All anchored by the bridge...

...which is a Wilkinson, the older style with 3-way adjustment. Currently set at around 17mm spacing. Can go much wider or narrower. Carvin neck could almost certainly accommodate 18mm, but I would not think much wider than that.

$100 for body with pickguard and bridge
    $100 for neck with tuners
    [DEL]$150 for pickups (these were over $300 new)[/DEL]
    [DEL]$100 for preamp[/DEL]

Feel free to ask any questions.

Attached Files:

2. TBGFRED

TBGFRED Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Panama City Beach, FL
    PM'd

3. BrBss