1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS - JUZEK DOUBLE BASS

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by cptlob, Oct 1, 2010.

1. cptlob

cptlob

Sep 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I am selling my made in Prague Juzek upright. I have had it for 15 years and purchased it from the grandson of its original owner.

The bass sounds and plays great, although it does show the normal players wear one would expect of a bass this age (late 1940's? '50's?). Also, there is a small (less than a millimeter) separation in the neck heel that has been there since I bought the bass in the '90's. It doesn't affect the playability or tone and has not moved (i.e., it is stable) since I've owned the bass.

I am selling with a softcase, wheel, bow, bow case, bow sheath, and stand. The strings are relatively new.

I am asking $5500, local pickup. I will not ship as I do not have a hard case, but I am willing to deliver in New England or greater NYC if the deal works out. Also, if you want to ship me a hard case, I am more than willing to repackage and ship.

I am not the best photographer, but here are the pics:

http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/cptlob/Juzek/

Thanks!

2. Is it fully carved? I maybe interested!

Francis

3. cptlob

cptlob

Sep 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Hello Francis,

Thanks for the interest.

I think that the bass is plywood or possibly a hybrid. The edges show what I think are different grains, but the interior of the bass looks to be solid wood, although it could be a veneer . . .

Here are more pics (below); maybe you or another member with more knowledge can help clarify.

Thanks

http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/cptlob/Juzek/

4. Your bass is almost a carbon copy of the plywood '66 Juzek I bought recently and will pick up sometime in the next few weeks.

5. Looks just like the Juzek ply I played all through college. Great bass I wish the school would have sold it to me. It actually had a really solid arco tone to boot.

6. cptlob

cptlob

Sep 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    This bass really sounds incredible. I am really sad to see it go, but unfortunately, I just do not have time for it anymore.

7. Sold yet?

8. No answer = close thread