1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Ken Smith BSR-6P (2004)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Fixitinpost, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fixitinpost

Fixitinpost Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I've realized that I could use the cash more than I can use two Ken Smith 6 strings, so I'm offering this one up here before the 'bayers get a shot at it. I bought it new in April of 2005 from Bass Emporium in Austin, TX for $3k (street price on Ken's site for these now is $3900, with none in stock). I'm not playing 6ers much at all these days, and when I do, I generally go for the BT6 you see in my Avatar. I hate to see this one not getting any play time, so here it is.

The BSR P series is Ken's top of the line bolt-on neck model: http://www.kensmithbasses.com/models/custombolton/bsrpcrv.htm

NECK: 5-Piece Laminated Aged Hardrock Maple/Morado Bolt-on with Graphite Inlaid Bars. Precision Handcarved and Fit to Exacting Specifications.

FINGERBOARD: Morado with Mother of Pearl Side Dots

BODYWINGS: (3-Piece Laminated) Bookmatched Bubinga Top & Back

CORE: Tiger Maple

FINISH: Classic Hand Rubbed Dutch Varnish over Stradivari Gold Oil ("Ken's Secret Sauce")

HARDWARE: Gold Smith Hardware & Dunlop "Dual Design" Straploks

ELECTRONICS: Smith B.M.T. 3 Band Eq 18-Volt Circuit with DIP Switches & Smith Custom Bass Humbucking Pickups

WEIGHT: Just shy of 11 pounds (hey, it's a 6 with beautiful tone woods)

STRING SPACING: 18mm at bridge

Anyone familiar with Ken's work will know the quality of his instruments. This one is in excellent condition, but in the interest of full disclosure, it does have a few VERY small, pinhead-sized dings that I couldn't photograph and are practically invisible unless you're really looking for them.

Includes original Smith rectangular case and all case candy that I got with it. Currently strung with Smith strings which are in need of changing, so as an added bonus, I will purchase and re-string with a new set of Smith Rock Master Taper-core strings prior to shipping.

$2450 shipped within CONUS.

And now, some pics:

BSR_Fr.
    BSR-Back.
    BSR-hs.
    BSR-bk.

2. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Sweet!!!!

3. Fixitinpost