1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Ken Smith Tiger Maple BSR5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Freddy-G., Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for grabs is my Ken Smith BSR5. This bass is a late '04 model. I'm only the second owner. It has the lowest action of any of my basses. It has the 18v. preamp and has that awesome ultra modern Smith tone. The condition is very good, with only some player wear around the neck pickup. Most of the wear doesn't show up in the pics and is only in the finish and not the wood. The Tiger maple is really a beautiful wood. The grain actually seems to move and change as you look at it from different angles -- almost like a hologram effect. It's also a $350 upgrade.

Tiger maple body
    3-piece maple neck
    Morado/Pau Ferro fingerboard
    Smith 18v. preamp
    Smith soapbar pickups
    Smith chrome hardware
    Smith hardshell case

I'd like to get $1900, shipped to the lower 48 states. Canadian buyers welcome, too. Sorry, no shipping overseas.

smith_1554.

smith_1556.

smith_1559.

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    does this have the dip switches?

3. lvsjr

lvsjr Guest

Aug 19, 2006
    Would you trade for an Epifani 902?

4. No switches. According to the original owner, this is one of the first Smith's with the 18v preamp.

5. Thanks for the offer. I'll send you a PM.

6. Note the brass nut and the new Ken Smith strings.

IMG_1660.

7. This Smith weighs 9.5 lbs. :)

8. _MG_1671.

9. All these nice Smiths up for sale have me wishing I'd never sold my Chuck Rainey Custom 5 (purpleheart w/walnut core) and my BSR5GN (Imbuia w/maple core).

Bump for a great guy with a great bass. Just wish I could afford it.

dcr

10. Thanks Doug. I didn't know you've had a couple of Smiths? I bet those were really nice. Man, I wish I could hold on to this one too.

11. Actually 4. A BSR5J, the CR5 Custom, the BSR5GN, and very briefly, a BSR6GN.

The Rainey is the only one I ultimately wish I'd kept. I made a poor deal when I traded off the 5GN (Sado NYC 24-5) but I didn't care for the sound of the GN.

The Rainey, OTOH, I sold because I was GASsing for something particular and ended up hating it.

I didn't care for the "Smith" sound of the 5GN / 6GN, but the Rainey was more traditional and fit better with what I did. I have to say that they were the best playing basses as a group -- bar none -- that I've ever owned. Loved the necks!!!!

Best of luck on the sale.

dcr

12. IMG_1663.

13. Taking reasonable offers. :bassist:

14. Reduced price: $1900 shipped. Also open to trades of equal value.

15. I've gotten some very appealing trade offers, but would still prefer to sell it outright. :)

16. lvsjr

lvsjr Guest

Aug 19, 2006
    The Epifani 902 is waiting for you.Ley me know asap.Peace

17. Sending you a PM about the 902, lvsjr.

18. Rev.Dr.

Rev.Dr.

Oct 4, 2007
    Metro Atlanta
    pm sent. Nice bass!

19. IMG_1670.

20. bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.