1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS Kramer Forum I - EMG's and HAS Lab pre amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RostyM, Mar 22, 2013.

1. RostyM

RostyM

May 1, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I have a white Kramer Forum I for sale that I bought here on TalkBass a while back. Similar set up to the Kramer era NS-2 with the EMG P/J pick ups and the Korean Copy of the Haz Lab pre amp. Nice condition with a few nicks. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Narrow fast neck and plays/sounds great. Below is the link from when I purchased.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/kramer-forum-i-spector-lovers-take-note-861475/

Since I purchased the bass I had it professionally set up by local luthier/craftsman Sal Giardina

http://www.salvadorgiardina.com/

with the frets rounded and leveled and with a new set of Ken Smith compression rounds. I'm asking[DEL] $650 [/DEL] $600plus shipping. Just purchased a like new Peavey Cirrus and something has to go. Just too many basses for me to justify. Because of the last statement, I'm not really thinking of trades, but I'm willing to consider offers.

Attached Files:

2. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Would like to see picture of preamp please

3. RostyM

RostyM

May 1, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Here's a picture of the cavity. Tried to get some better pictures of the bass but could not get them to come out very good. I'll see if I can't borrow a camera and get some better ones. I don't know how to identify a Has Lab pre amp, but I was told this was one when I purchased the bass.

Attached Files:

4. NiteFury

NiteFury Supporting Member

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    That looks like an aftermarket Haz, pretty sure thats not the real deal.

5. NiteFury

NiteFury Supporting Member

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    if you pop over to the spector club forum and post a picture, theres some experts there that could tell you for sure.

6. brett7276

brett7276 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This used to be my bass- its the orginal Kramer era circuit- same as used in the ns2o and some of the ns2a basses

7. What was in the regular NS2?

I have a blue Forum I. Pretty nice bass.

8. RostyM

RostyM

May 1, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Upon further study, it appears that the pre amp is a Korean copy of the Haz Lab, not the real deal. Sorry for the bad info.

9. RostyM

RostyM

May 1, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Price reduced to $600 plus shipping.

10. Whatever it is, looks like the one in mine, which I think is original.

11. RostyM

RostyM

May 1, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Bump

12. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    PM'ed

13. RostyM

RostyM

May 1, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Still have this bass and now am looking to sell or trade. I am looking for a quality short scale bass and have this and several other basses I would be willing to trade depending on what's offered. This is a link to the thread I purchased one of the others on. I've edited posts in the past, but could not figure how to here. Assistance/link to edit instructions would be appreciated.

14. RostyM

RostyM

May 1, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Bump

15. bigorno

bigorno

Jan 12, 2011
    Hello RostyM,

I'm interested, PM me please :hyper: