1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Kramer Striker 700ST

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joe Gress, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Hey Talkbass,

I just got a VM squire P-bass tonight, so my Kramer needs to go. The Kramer is green with a matching headstock, maple neck and maple fingerboard, P/J pickups, and a pretty beefy neck. (Like a p-bass, maybe a bit thicker) It's got a really thumpy sound to it, but with the maple fingerboard, it's also pretty snappy as well.
    CIMG0556.
    21 frets, Shaller made bridge (it says kramer, but shaller made them, and they are the exact same design) I have the shaller strap locks on it right now, but I still have the regular knobs as well. The strap lock on the front horn is on the back of the bass right now as well, but I can move it to the front again.

The electronics don't hum at all (no grounding issue). The controls are Vol/Tone/Tone, and a three way switch between the pickups.

There's not too many scratches, a few in the playing area. There is a finish crack (3mm) on the back on the bottom horn. The only spot on the neck is on the fret board between the second and third fret.

Here is a picture with me playing it.
    20080608_119-1.

Since I have the strap lock mounted on the back of the bass, the original hole is still there.

When I first got the bass a few years back, the tuner's were pretty loose between the cloverleafs and the post. I asked a guitar repair shop what to do, and they said to run some very fine superglue down in the gap. I did that, but it left some residue on one of the tuners. I cleaned this back up a few weeks ago with some goo-off cleaner, and both sides can be seen in this picture:
    CIMG0565.
    The tuners are solid now.

Here's a couple of pictures:
    http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm68/joegress/Kramer/?albumview=grid

2. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    What's the width at the nut? .... and the string spacing?

Thanks! :)

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    The nut width is 1 5/8 in.

The bass is at work, so I'm not positive on the string spacing, but I remember it to be like a P-bass spacing. 19-20mm? I can find out exactly what it is on Monday.

4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    String spacing at the bridge from the middle of each string is 19mm.

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Bump and price drop.

6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    bump

7. Joe Gress

Joe Gress