1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS L.R. Baggs Para EQ preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Timmy-Watts, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts I like bass. And airplanes. Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    You know what this classic is.

Mint condition. Used a few times, like new in box. Everything works perfectly. These sell for $169 new.

I have been using this primarily with the U-Bass. 10meg-Ohm input, appropriate for any instrument. The sound is very true to the tone of the instrument. Among comparable preamps, this one is very strong yet tight in the low end and very upfront sounding. Tons of headroom. The set 35 Hz High Pass filter really makes the low end tight. Can't say it enough. This box is tough as nails.

Asking $125 shipped lower 48.

Attached Files:

2. Why are you getting rid of it? Upgrade to something else? Been looking at options for my Ubass as well since the output on them (or maybe just mine?) is suuuuper low. I haven't played out with mine yet, so I've just been using a cheap ART tube pre to boost the signal into my monitors at home. Has worked well, but have been wanting something to use on my acoustic guitars, too, for the venues that need some help with certain frequencies.

3. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    These are supposed to be fantastic on bass. I emailed support and one of the L.R. Baggs employees is a bassist and this is his main pre-amp.

4. PM'd

5. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    PM replied. It is great on bass. Great flexibility. Perfect for room issues. The gain is boost-only so very appropriate for boosting signal. Super quiet too.

You may find your ubass has very high output if the first thing you go through is very high impedance. Like this piece. Mine is super hot.

I have not put an acoustic guitar through this. But it has a greatreputation. And the frequency centers seem like they would really make it shine.

6. Replied to the reply...payment sent!

7. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Wow that was quick. On hold pending payment.

8. You posted right when I was looking for one! And all my Ebay "Best Offers" got rejected from authorized dealers. Only offered about 15% under the MAP, so apparently the margin is pretty tight on these things.

9. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    I have to say, it seemed like there were way better prices on eBay a few years back.

10. I keep seeing ones that are used (well used even) going for $120 and up plus shipping. I'd much rather buy here in our 'closed' environment. :D

11. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    +1

And I'd rather sell in this environment.