1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Lakland 44-02 natural/rosewood

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thegreatmattsby, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby Supporting Member

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Hey all, time to raise some funds for my honeymoon. Giving up this one will hurt, but the hope is drinks on the beach will ease the pain.

For sale is my beloved Lakland 44-02 with a natural finish, rosewood fretboard, and black pickguard. It's like a pre-EB Stingray and a 70s J made a baby. LOVE the looks of this one. I can bear parting with it only because I have a 55-02 in the same combination.

This particular bass has the Lakland pickups, not the Barts. You can hear them on the 55-02 here. The Lakland site has all the other specs, too.

There are a few cosmetic issues to note: On the front of the bass, there's a hairline crack in the poly near the bottom of the bridge, and on the back, there's another one beneath the control plate. Don't know how they got there, but both are stable. If you really hold it up to the light and squint, you can make out a few tiny dings and very superficial swirls/scratches on the back. With the grain shining through the finish, though, no one's going to notice.

Otherwise, it sounds and plays like new. Action is about 2mm from the 22nd fret to the E string, with no buzzing anywhere on the neck (YMMV, of course, depending on technique). Build quality is phenomenal, as we've come to expect from the Skylines.

Let's say $725 shipped in the CONUS. Gig bag included.

IMG_0068.

IMG_0075.

IMG_0078.

IMG_0080.

IMG_0073.

IMG_0079.

2. thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Good questions came in via PM. I'll provide the same details here I did there:

The bass is from '07, which means it's Korean-made and would have been hand-dressed, not PLEK'd, upon arrival in Chicago. Plays like a dream, regardless.

My bathroom scale can't decide whether it weighs 8.0 lbs on the low end or 8.4 lbs on the high end. The truth is probably somewhere in that neighborhood.

3. thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Annnnnnd SOLD. Enjoy, D!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.