1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Lakland 55-01 CAR Great Condition!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by remy26, Oct 2, 2010.

1. I bought this off another TB'er a couple of months ago as my first foray into 5 strings. While it definitely put me on the path to really enjoying the extra string, I've decided that a 35 inch scale and wider string spacing isn't for me.

The original thread is here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682599&highlight=

This bass is pretty much in the exact same condition as when I purchased it. The few changes I have made are:

Added Schaller straplocks
    Switched out the stock Y tuners for Cloverleaf hipshots
    Added a small shim to the neck to get the action a little lower
    Added a little more foam under the pickups because I wanted them a little higher.

This is a "Made in Korea" version of the 55-01. I also weighed the bass again on my digital kitchen scale and the weight is 9 Lbs. 1 oz. (its listed as 9lbs. 9 oz in the other thread). Not sure which is more accurate, but it definitely doesn't feel heavy.

Not really interested in trades at the moment. Will ship in a Lakland (made by Levy's) gigbag. I can switch back to the stock tuners if you'd like or I can send the bass with both sets for and additional $50.

$545 shipped ($595 with both sets of tuners) shipped in cont US. Sorry, but no international shipping and PayPal only!

4.gif

3.gif

2.gif

1.gif

2. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    That's a killer deal on a a very very nice bass. Love them 55-01's. But do I need a 4th. The red is nice though. Thinking...

3. Bump!

4. Did the new tuners require new screw holes?

5. Nope, the tuners were direct drop-in replacements.

6. Awesome deal bump

7. Ttt

8. Mr Matt

Mr Matt Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Washington State
    How is this still here at this price? This should be long gone! Lakland CAR finish is gorgeous & must be seen in person!

9. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    I agree on both points Matt!!!

lakland's CAR is so deep you can almost drown in it!!! I have a CAR 55-94 fretless and love it to death!

10. Thanks to both of you! It really is a beautiful bass. I actually was happy to find this one as it definitely looks great. I've really tried to get used to the feel but I just haven't been able to yet. If it hangs around too long, you never know...it may end up staying!

11. Am I missing something or is this just an incredible steal?

12. jebmd

jebmd Gold Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    That is a steal. I would never sell mine for that.

13. TTT

14. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Free bump for great guy and excellent deal.

15. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    PM sent

16. This one is sold!

Thanks for all the bumps!